• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why did you choose the forum name you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was taken from the Bible verse about rising up on Eagle's Wings. At the time, it seemed appropriate. Now, I still like the symbolism, but since I currently detest ANYTHING having to do with Christianity/Bible stuff, I'm thinking of changing it. To what, I don't know. Most of my real-life nicknames are all taken here (Ronin, Ninja, Lone Wolf, etc.) so I may just leave it the way it is, paying homage to my journey. On other forums I have different names related to my other nicknames.

This is fascinating to me. It is fun to see how you all want to identify yourselves in so many different ways. Some are pretty obvious in meaning but others are very different that what I had thought. Most of you incorporated your nicknames. Ha! I should have thought of that! It would have been a hoot because I could have used my very first name for myself. I had been tongue-tied...literally...so called myself, "Doo-Doo". My real name just eluded my ability to say it properly, to my consternation and the family's delight. They had many laughs over it. Fortunately, today, there is no mistaking my stellar pronunciation of words. What they might mean may be another issue, however!! Thanks for being so free to share. :)

My username is a universal truth I hope to learn to believe. I believe it for others, but struggled to accept it for myself. One of my most stubborn negative distortions, based on the traumas, is that I am unlovable and unworthy of love and protection. The truth is hard for me to see when I’m sympomatic. The truth is that I am deeply loved by God, by my husband and children, and by many dear friends.

Mine is a title or name I get a lot - Mum, because I have so many children and I'm Australian, I'm also known as ......( each of my children's name "'s" Mum, so named by lots of people in the town (usually my kids friend's [or people who know my children but not me as I tend to be pretty much a hermit here now] as somebody's (insert one of seven children's names "Mum".,,, And my youngest daughter actually gave me the nickname "Words" when she was about 4 or 8 or something (trauma brain memory fails to recall) . I am a wordy, word-loving, poet-y wordsmith type of person.

It's also the play on words and punnyness of the English phrase "Mum's the word" meaning to be quiet or "mum" about something, to keep a secret, and I'm trying to keep my real identity a secret here, so hence "mum's the word" about who I actually am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back