• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why do we keep going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_3

Learning
Why do we keep going? Why do we persist with this deep torment and anguish? It doesn't stop and I can't accept it. The things that happened to me were unfair and I was just a kid, why does it feel like I'm being punished?

Everyday is a struggle and I hate waking up to the same pain. I can't will it away, I can't handle it. I'm old enough to need to find the courage to help myself, but I just want to float away into existence. I don't want this life anymore.

Deleted member 50975- I am almost ashamed to admit what my life looks like still.
I went to bed and stayed there...literally. Wake up and let dogs out, back to sleep until 1-2 in afternoon. Sitting in bed with tv, computer. By 4 brush my teeth. Maybe around 5 think about dinner, (only because of my husband). Scrounge something up or order out and have him pick it up. Back to bed after dinner. Watch tv, scroll computer. Once a week go to store with husband for supplies. Put on a fake face when kids come to visit or have to for another reason. Shower/bathe twice a week. Take good care of dogs but let house go for most part. Exhausted tired all the time. After years of this, added a couple friend over once during week for pool in summer.
Im not out of this yet. We got a new grandson a year and half ago and I love him dearly, but mostly too tired to babysit. I felt almost normal during covid. Once a super housekeeper, organizer, etc......Just cant bring myself to it.

Just having to take car for repairs or do normal errands is still upsetting to me.
Right now, years later, I am only out of bed for about 4 hrs a day. Its my safe place. Everything I need is here. I have a tv, phone, computer, my dogs, my nightstand has every med that I take, tissues, dental floss, hand lotion, chap stick, glasses, note pad and pen, hair scrunchies, inhaler, emory boards, etc. I like it here. I have a lot of pain and do not use prescription pain meds, emphysema, gastro problems, etc. Not anything to cause this. It's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back