Winter Solstice

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
I am the leader of our pagan group (at least until I leave at the end of the year), and last night we did a beautiful ritual that I adapted from one created a long time ago. We followed it with food and crafts, and even though it was a very small group, it really went very well, and people seemed to really enjoy it.

I’ve been looking into following more pagan practices but am really feeling out of my depth and uncertain how to begin. I grew up in mostly Christian ideology but of course no one ever actually followed any teachings. Right now I think I identify as more agnostic than anything. But one of my goals this year is to solidify what exactly I do believe in. I’m drawn to practices based on savoring the seasons and some witchy stuff where you create things with intention. Not really spells, I don’t think I believe in any magic around them, but the idea of utilizing items that are in abundance in a given season and setting intentions for the future.

I kind of rambled there but I hope it makes some sort of sense.

I’d love to know what you and your group did to honor the winter solstice.

I’m drawn to practices based on savoring the seasons and some witchy stuff where you create things with intention
"Pagan" is such a broad term--I'm one of those who doesn't honor or worship (or really even believe in) gods and goddesses but who honors and reveres nature. I also use intention a LOT, but not as a part of any pagan practice; I use it in my energy work and in some healing practices.

I’d love to know what you and your group did to honor the winter solstice.
This year I adapted a ritual that would be suitable for the evening we wanted from The Council for All Beings. Just do an internet search for it--there are loads of places that use it. It's about speaking for other life-forms, putting ourselves in their shoes. It really was powerful.

I’ve been looking into following more pagan practices but am really feeling out of my depth and uncertain how to begin. I grew up in mostly Christian ideology but of course no one ever actually followed any teachings. Right now I think I identify as more agnostic than anything.
I was in the same boat. I started at a local Unitarian Universalist Church--the parent pagan organization is CUUPs. There's also an online group, if you don't have one near you. The UU pretty much accepts anyone, regardless of belief.

"Pagan" is such a broad term--I'm one of those who doesn't honor or worship (or really even believe in) gods and goddesses but who honors and reveres nature. I also use intention a LOT, but not as a part of any pagan practice; I use it in my energy work and in some healing practices.

This year I adapted a ritual that would be suitable for the evening we wanted from The Council for All Beings. Just do an internet search for it--there are loads of places that use it. It's about speaking for other life-forms, putting ourselves in their shoes. It really was powerful.

I was in the same boat. I started at a local Unitarian Universalist Church--the parent pagan organization is CUUPs. There's also an online group, if you don't have one near you. The UU pretty much accepts anyone, regardless of belief.

Thank you for this! Lots to research.

Back