You Know You've Been Dissociating/being Absent Minded When...

Defaultxlovee

Confident
Oh wow I love this. When you have to ask your spouse "how much time has gone by since -----" and usually it's a mind-blowing different amount than you expected to hear, either less or more.

OliveJewel

MyPTSD Pro
@ruborcoraxxx yes! My daughter asked why sometimes it takes me so long to respond to her. I said I get distracted. It will feel like I’m emerging from a mist. I heard her question (or heard her talk) but I’m not there. It takes me a bit to return. Sometimes I try to answer as best I can and I’m way off the mark.

ruborcoraxxx

Sponsor
@ruborcoraxxx yes! My daughter asked why sometimes it takes me so long to respond to her. I said I get distracted. It will feel like I’m emerging from a mist. I heard her question (or heard her talk) but I’m not there. It takes me a bit to return. Sometimes I try to answer as best I can and I’m way off the mark.
Oh yeah this has a way to weight on people's nerves lol. And it's especially puzzling since in other moments you're just very much there.

And yeah in conversations I would repeat the last words without understanding shit and people get irritated at me. That just happens with a certain degree of comfort though otherwise I'd be super amped.