• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Your Creative Input for Trauma Education Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add around 3 sentences to each main point in your script to allow your audience to connect to the situation by sharing commonalities

Would all those new sentences be before the existing script? Would they be directly related to each point or is that just a rough guide for how much more script I need?

This is a great venture! I really believe anyone diagnosed with PTSD and the people in their life have an education video as a resource and overview of possible symptoms, conditions, and situations that could occur.

As an educator I know students do not always get it when it is in writing, BUT give them a demonstration or video clip or visual (diagram/pictures) they have that ah-ha moment.

One trick I use with my students (all ages really - mostly 14-18 yrs) is to emotionally or sensory bonding them to the lesson if I can. It is very powerful. EX: Severe thunderstorm - have them describe their feelings during past storms, what was it like when the power went out, what scared them the most? etc...

If somehow you can evoke emotion while informing the audience they will have a much better retention of the information. Let me give it a try ...

While explaining a flashback, have the learner (actor) describe a daydream(like a car accident) to the PTSD sufferor, The (actor) with the PTSD then describes how they may experience a flashback of the 'car accident' as a direct comparison to the difference in severity. In addition to the physiological effects and disorientation of the flashback experience that lingers afterwards.

People often try to relate new information in the context of anything familiar in their experiences to understand the content. You need to take them from their initial connection to the next level for them to see the difference.

I hope this makes sense. I would be glad to help you out with this project in July and August when I am on Summer Break. For the first time in 20 years I am not working over the summer except in a local coffee shop a few days a week for socialization. At least that's the plan.

Cindy

Sounds like some good ideas... don't know what my life will be like this summer but would definitely like to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back