• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that the generalizations on cults to Enough are helpful. Since doesn't speak to his situation... nor is it applicable to cults, generic.

To the OP, you are not alone ;)
However, I grok some experiences & situations feel more isolating than others...

So maybe a better Q: What helps you feel more connected, with yourself and others? ;)

Connected to myself - music. I love a wide range of music but when I am feeling isolated- punk rock. My go to Iggy Pop or Lou Reed b/c they both speak to the freaks and outcasts in society. Oddly they remind me of my past but in a good way.

Connected to others - Skiing - It is one of the few things I have in common with the people in my town (I live in a ski town). Also it relieves my chronic pain like nothing else seems to do. When I am skiing I feel 20 years old (I'm 52). Unfortunately ski season ended early last winter and maybe is in jeapordy next winter due to covid.

Actually the threat of covid combined with no skiing has really not been good.

Oh and fate of our country has been weighing heavy of course :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back