• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Annihilation anxiety and CBT-"techniques"

Is there an emotion you can attach to the event @zaniara? An emotion that may have surfaced for you recently through something that has happened recently to you?
No. Not really. It's a series of things happening. (Not one single trigger really.) But being alone, and feeling invisible possibly. Needed help but didn't get it..

The memory is of being severely abused (tortured by pedophiles) and my mother seeing the bruises, when I came home, but turning her face away.
There are so many layers to the memory, but now the worst feelings of being eradicated has eased. Now it's more grief, pain and other feelings I really can't process right now. (Am too exhausted.) This I can deal with.. I hope no more of the annihilation-anxiety shit hits me again. All other shit is possible somehow to deal with, but not that. Thank you for caring and asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
@zaniara - I’ve just modified the label on your Spoiler so that it doesn’t read like a trigger warning (we don’t use trigger warnings on the forum).
MyPTSD does not use trigger warnings. Mind reading what could be a trigger for another is a negative thinking style, a problem all PTSD sufferers need to correct at some level. Whilst some view its use as a courtesy, it is impossible to know what will, or will not, trigger another person, regardless the graphic detail contained. After all, this is a space where those affected can discuss trauma and its consequences.

But being alone, and feeling invisible possibly. Needed help but didn't get it..
Hmmm, so it may well be possible just by having someone drop in and ask how you are - there may have been something of a trigger breaker? Do you have this type of support in your personal life Zaniara? I share as well, the feeling of 'aloneness' when having this type of anxiety/panic.

Now it's more grief, pain and
I am wondering if you have any self care routines in place? Even just tiny ones that you can remind yourself you are taking care of yourself. Or compassion routines.

I want you to know that I am very sad that you went through what you did to suffer through these attacks. I am here and I care. May peace come to you and stay with you.

Hmmm, so it may well be possible just by having someone drop in and ask how you are - there may have been something of a trigger breaker? Do you have this type of support in your personal life Zaniara? I share as well, the feeling of 'aloneness' when having this type of anxiety/panic.

I am wondering if you have any self care routines in place? Even just tiny ones that you can remind yourself you are taking care of yourself. Or compassion routines.

I want you to know that I am very sad that you went through what you did to suffer through these attacks. I am here and I care. May peace come to you and stay with you.
Thank you Shimmers. It means the world to me! I'm not in the right place right now to answer more tonight, but will try to tomorrow. 🙏 ❤️

I'm not in the right place right now to answer more tonight, but will try to tomorrow.
Hmmm, I wanted to respond but couldn't post. I was like -nnnnoooooo! I promised I would be here! lol. Trying again from a different computer. What I wanted to say was no pressure for any of this. Just know I am here and I care - even if I can only 'love' a post. I hope you are well @zaniara.

Back