• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anti-nightmare Med That Doesnt Drop Blood Pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I was terrified of taking it at first. I hate trying new medications, but I am so glad I did. I am not sure anyone knows for sure why it works, just that it does.

I find it interesting that your Dr gets concerned when your blood pressure is that low. I have more than a handful praise me on having amazing blood pressure when it has been much lower than that. EMT's are the worst. "Your heart rate is 144? Well your blood pressure is is like 45/12, (severe exaggeration there but you get the point because I can't remember the exact number) you ust be in perfect health." True story.

What is this Prazosin that I keep reading about?

I asked my pain dr about this today, i couldnt remember the name & couldnt get in the damb site to get the name of it cuz of their horrible mobile coverage in there but i think he guessed it right and he wants to put Lidocain? I think or another one i cant remember the name of it in my pump for my neuropathy and the one he said he wanted to put in my pump he said would plumet my BP bur that we can start low & watch it (guess thats easy in liquid form).

He said that morphine can make you dream more (i didnt say nighrmare, wasnt comfortable) but that most never really are bothered by it.

He was trying to hurry to increase my pump so i think he was half way listening but didnt seem too concerned w/ my BP; he just said we have to watch it.

Im going to my therapist now so i'll bring it up again to him.

Link Removed

HOLY COW!!! :wideeyed: check this out, check this out, check this out!!!! I'm not sure when this app is going to be released, but I am getting a smart watch. If I can do this without medication, it will be worth the investment. myBivy is the name of the App, must read this!!!

Link Removed
Link Removed

Holy f*ck! Thats awesome! And awesome of these kids too! If it really doesnt wake you but stops the nightmares it COMPLETELY worth buying (and i dont buy apps). Im super suprised its on a UHC site, they are my insurence carrier and their current app sucks money ass!

Is this a UHC app or is it an app in of itself? How do you get on the app watch list? Just from google play? I have an android.

Last edited by a moderator:
to my understanding it is still in the prototype stage, but they are getting ready to release it to the public, at least that's what I gathered from the read. I will keep as much info posted about it as I can as it comes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back