Antidepressant phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago, my P put me on an inpatient dose of anti-d in anticipation of some extremely stressful events and the fact that severe depression is one of the hardest symptoms of PTSD for me to cope with. This was after much trial and error and finally finding an effective anti-d.

With everything that has happened in the past two months, I probably owe my life to my P's wise decision. I have been depressed, even to the point of self-harming, but I have not been suicidal.

Everyone must weigh the costs and benefits of medication to their own bodies and circumstances. But just because one is not beneficial, doesn't mean there are not other options.

Early on I found I was one of those few who experienced trouble with antidepressants. I got worse and had random thoughts flashing in my head, "Why don't you just blow your head off right now?" I got it in my medical records that "I am resistant to psychotropics"... and though some thoughts do occur, I don't have the level of reactivity and paranoia I had when I was on them. Just saying that some of these things aren't for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back