• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anxiety Triggers From Lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibemom

Learning
Yesterday afternoon I had a REALLY BAD anxiety attack, see even with meds they still break through. With all the leagal issues pending, like with the lawsuit against the drunk that hit me, suing my own insurance company and with attaining SSD, it gets overwhelming. Both lawyers called yesterday to touch base and let me know how things are going, and to let me know that I will have to give verbal depostion for the liability claim. THAT SCARES ME. I got into such a panic thinking about how I will hold up sitting there with the oposing attorney grilling me with questions, recapping the accident, which I can not agree or disagree on because most of it is still a blank, feeling so betrayed by my insurance company because I thought you carried auto insurance to protect you, YEAH RIGHT, untill you need to make a claim on it, then they do everything within their power to make you look like YOU did something wrong. I mean when they sent me this HUGE PILE of questions I freeked out and that was just writting down answers, which for me I don't have that many, and it was so exhausting trying to recall events that JUST ARE NOT IN MY BRAIN RIGHT NOW. The only benefit to this is that my Doc told me that I DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE VERBAL IN PERSON DEPOSTION, they can arrange it so that the oposing side writes up their intergogation on paper and I just fill it out with the help of my patient advocate and get it notorized. HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO RELIVE THIS TRAUMA OVER AND OVER AND OVER, when I have not made that many steps forward to get over it and when I do not remember vital information. The only way I can answer questions is by reading the police report and then its just recalling what was in the report I just read. The financial stress right now is very instense. The crime victims compensation fund called yesterday to to tell me that the grant is running low so that means soon enough that income will stop and then I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO. I try not to look to far ahead but it seems like when one of them calls THEY ALL CALL, and not with the best of news either. WHAT IS IT THAT THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND? I DID NOTHING WRONG, I was in no way at fault for what happened to me, you would think this was a clear cut case but obvioulsy NOT!!! Over the next few months be prepared to read lots of vents from me, lots of anxiety posts etc... because right now I am hitting an all time low. The more stess the worse the pain and the worse the pain the more anxiety and PTSD symptoms. What a crazy merri go round this is. I never did like merri go rounds they make me PUKE!!!!!!!!

From my experience, make notes of key points you want to cover in a notebook. Put this in your purse so you won't forget.

It's a great stress-reliever.

I lost it with my attorney today after my OB/GYN's office called wanting to know WHY the opposing attorneys needed my complete medical records from them?????????????????????????? Well I could not answer that question so I called my Attorney and asked him WHY my female health issues had anything to do with this accident??????? They just told me it is standard procedure!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world could this type of medical care have anything to do with what I have now, PTSD, TBI, and RSD??????? I was not listening to him I was just screeching and huffing and puffing and no amount of calming from him was going to solve feeling this invaided. I threw the phone at my husband and said YOU DEAL WITH HIM, and he did then when he was done with him, he dealt with me MY POOR HUBBY:kiss: . How can this even be part of a claim for a drunk running me over????? I just do not understand. I guess maybe in a positive light they will see that I was a very healthy female who gave birth to a child at age 41, no drugs, no complications, text book pregnancy. WHY DOES THAT MATTER????????? I just do not get it. I think I will go take a nice hot bath and try and relax YEAH RIGHT LOL!!!!!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hey Sibe, Lawsuits are a circus to begin with. The other side will put you on a merry-go-round. At first they will confuse the issues, try to frustrate you as much as possible to get you to walk away. They asked for the OB/GYN records B/C the more paperwork they pile up the longer it takes to go thru them hence they get to bill more time to make more money. I've been on the recieving end of several big bogus lawsuits and my father-inlaw is a retired lawyer. They won't have any concern for your well being. I know it's hard but if you can treat the lawyer stuff like a game it makes it a little easier. Good luck and hope you feel a little better.

sibe, this is not really about you being injured by a drunk any more, it's game between the lawyers, you just happen to be in the mix. Hang in there. praying for you.
cathy

I called my doc because as the night went on I was still having alot of trouble letting go of this. That man works hard for his money, he did offer me some comfort in the fact that he said "Don't stress this, I will stand with you the entire way, I will not let them push you over the edge:cuckoo: ", and he said to if for some reason we have to do a verbal deposition HE WILL BE THERE WITH ME. Then he just reminded me that I have to fight and I have to no matter how hard and exhausting this is, face this all head on and regroup. I JUST HATE THIS though, and yeah a little whining did'nt help but it did release some of the feelings I had. I am going to get that notebook out again and start writting. Thanks for everyone being supportive that helps to.

I think it's a good thing that you "blew up" to your attorney. He now has a first-hand experience of how stress can overwhelm you to the breaking point.
Chalk that up as a positive thing. One of my favorite quotes, "Well behaved women seldom make history." :stupid:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back