• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone Had Bariatric Surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a lady today 2quilt, who I have not seen for ages. She had this opp done last year, bit more to it than just the op, but the basics are similar to yours health wise, could not get around without a wheel chair and has others issues. She is still struggling to get about, but with help and support she is dong very well considering her situation just over a year ago. She is now walking, OK with a walking aid, but still walking.

It is the first time I have seen her smile and she even have had a bit of a joke with us, can't remember the last time she did that.

So if you can, go for it, do whats right for you.

Amethist

I feel so strongly about this surgery that I am happy dancing. With this surgery, I can expect to live for another 46 years. Even with PTSD and multiple traumas in my past, I believe that I can control having a very happy second childhood, and live happily ever after.

I have never "been there" with weight gain of any magnitude let alone the extent that drives a person to decide on surgical intervention. No doubt most people who take this step will feel that they have 'tried everything. I would like to see, balanced against diet and activity, an examination of what may lie on a deep level that may be sabotaging one's best efforts to bring things under control. There may well be some profound hurt that is unconsciously driving the choices we make, something that if resolved with the help of an able practitioner, would make such a difference in our relationship to food that the surgery would not be needed. The surgery does not bring the weight down or add years to our life or cure us of diabetes. The weight loss does that and I am sad that people feel that this has become their only alternative.

None of this may apply to you 2quilt. Whatever the case, I hope things turn out really well for you and that the outcome of whatever you do brings real happiness
love to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back