• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Back to EMDR after a pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLittle

Confident
Hej,

Yesterday I had a intense EMDR session with my T. She said that my sessions are like a train of a lot of traumatic events and periods.

Today my whole body hurts and I am empty.

There are still things that we have not got to.

Seems an endless trainride. The Trauma Express.

Take care everyone.

Sending lots of support to you. I often feel this same way. It’s such hard work and it feels so unfair. Get lots of rest….Riding the train with you.
Thank you for the support. The feeling of knowing that I am not alone or a psycho helps a lot. Riding first class or coach? 😄

One thing that finally tweaked on me was - I have to let my T know how "loaded" I am with reprocessing tasks.

We get so good at hiding everything they may think we are OK when we are struggling with reprocessing tasks.

You need to control that and say "lets not add anything else right now". Give your self a break, make sure you are done with tasks before adding more. I always compare this to an old card file and your brain is sorting through and updating them. Sometimes its sorting through and not finding changes other times its changing every card. Make sure you aren't in the "not finding changes to make" part before adding more tasks because adding more and hitting a bunch of changes and adding heavy tasks can leave you a mess.

It's a mistake I made a few times and having a bunch of reprocessing running all at the same time makes you a mess.

Take time for you too.......and stop worrying about all the other stuff. I found that every reprocessing task took the edge off everything down the road and makes it easier.........

One thing that finally tweaked on me was - I have to let my T know how "loaded" I am with reprocessing tasks.

We get so good at hiding everything they may think we are OK when we are struggling with reprocessing tasks.

You need to control that and say "lets not add anything else right now". Give your self a break, make sure you are done with tasks before adding more. I always compare this to an old card file and your brain is sorting through and updating them. Sometimes its sorting through and not finding changes other times its changing every card. Make sure you aren't in the "not finding changes to make" part before adding more tasks because adding more and hitting a bunch of changes and adding heavy tasks can leave you a mess.

It's a mistake I made a few times and having a bunch of reprocessing running all at the same time makes you a mess.

Take time for you too.......and stop worrying about all the other stuff. I found that every reprocessing task took the edge off everything down the road and makes it easier.........
Thank you for this. I do feel empty and hollow now 2 days after. I am starting to believe my T when she says that it's a lot with me. I am in mourning about my childhood and trying to reprocess it all and looking at it what it actually was... violence, abuse, neglect, manipulation, addiction, psychological disturbed parents, suicidal behaviour, several attempted mulders from father to mother and stephmother, sexual abuse as child, bullying, ... I am starting to dissociate so I am gonna stop here.

Thank you for the feedback.

Means a lot.

I’m in coach at the moment. My brain is pretty powerful in its ability to protect itself. It’s odd that my ADHD doesn’t come into play during EMDR, I don’t have issues focusing on one memory at a time. 🤞🏼Here’s hoping it stays that way. I read a PowerPoint for practitioners on how to do it, but my brain was already doing it that way. It’s a way to do EMDR for people who disassociate or have a long trauma history.

That was one of the first things I learned - stay away from describing that stuff......even here.
Okay. Thanks.

I’m in coach at the moment. My brain is pretty powerful in its ability to protect itself. It’s odd that my ADHD doesn’t come into play during EMDR, I don’t have issues focusing on one memory at a time. 🤞🏼Here’s hoping it stays that way. I read a PowerPoint for practitioners on how to do it, but my brain was already doing it that way. It’s a way to do EMDR for people who disassociate or have a long trauma history.
Thanks for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back