• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Battered woman's syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

leggirl

Learning
I dx myself with battered woman's syndrome. I fit every line. At this point, I can say men do trigger me. My counselor just talked about the abuse she went thru.

I do isolate alot. I self-medicate. I do report obnoxious males, and l run to feel better.

I quit working. That has really helped. That gave me choices. When l wake up, l decide to make a conscious choice to leave or stay home.

The backstory doesn't matter- key words, abusive males.

Woke up with a nightmare, men coming to my place. I am frightened.
I do have a boyfriend, and he is super nice. I was married 18 years, we divorced but we are back together.
My nitemares are now reoccurring.

@leggirl
You're doing all the right things! Therapy, somatic processing (running), caring for yourself, honest self-reflection, self-protection.

With your nightmares, if I may offer some tips that have worked for me - pretend it is in real life.
What are some things you can do to prevent them from entering your home?
What are some things you can do to protect yourself if they do?
What will your response be if they do?

I took self defense courses in real life and it changed my dream life entirely.
I lock the door and I sleep better. I'll change the locks if I think it'll help *my dreams*
I have a dog.
I keep self-defense items in certain places in my home, and items that might be used against me are not easily accessible.
I have a list of safe people, and if you're not at least a 3/5 on that list, you do not enter my home. PERIOD.
No one knows where I live except people on that safe list.
I got a different vehicle. I park intentionally.
I take different routes. I use different times. I use time and place intentionally.
I close my blinds. I use light and electricity intentionally. There's a flashlight at my bed.
If it came to it, I'd be willing to get a siren - I always live outside of cell service and have never been in the habit of calling the police, but a siren to wake the dead might do something.

When I prove to my conscious mind through practical measures *I got this* it helps my subconscious mind process and feel safe, like I'm protecting myself, ready, defending myself.

Glad you're here.

Those are great ideas. I do have a flashlights everywhere. I do have my blinds closed. I don't like anybody in my house. I hate answering my phone.

I deal with phrogging. It's a series on lifetime TV now. It's when someone is in your roof or crawl space under your house. It's done to harass me and get me to sell house. But l can't sell house until my boyfriend moves here next year. Some people do it just to live free, some do it to drive a person crazy, or it's done to get you to sell house. However my doors are secure.

But l suffer from PTSD from before l moved in to this.

I hope my post doesn't trigger you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I deal with phrogging. It's a series on lifetime TV now. It's when someone is in your roof or crawl space under your house. It's done to harass me and get me to sell house. But l can't sell house until my boyfriend moves here next year. Some people do it just to live free, some do it to drive a person crazy, or it's done to get you to sell house. However my doors are secure.
Can you lock or block or secure your crawlspace or attic? Electric shock device in either space? Not sure where you live and what your laws are. Have you engaged legal action against intruders?

Can you lock or block or secure your crawlspace or attic? Electric shock device in either space? Not sure where you live and what your laws are. Have you engaged legal action against intruders?
That's the thing, it's kinda hard to catch them. I called the police in another state, the police were in on it, and refused to check the crawl space for a good 30 mins, allowing the boys to exit.

But in some states, the police are honest and check immediately. On one show, there were two males making meth in a tiny tiny crawl space. The police caught one guy but not the other. This was on the phrogging show. Thank you so much for your support.

I'm not sure now if you're talking about your crawlspace or the show. Can you lock or barricade the space? Police in another state can't get to your house in time, nor do they have jurisdiction to do anything.

This happened in my attic space in another state. It is now happening in my floor space in a different state. I am sorry that wasn't clear.

But the surprising thing is that this happens more than we know. Kind of surprising to me. These types have no qualms of altering anything you do. They will disable your cameras or outright steal them. Usually the neighbors are in on it.

It's a reality l live with. It's taken me five years to even talk about it. I am thankful to Lifetime for even running this weekly show.

I'm sorry you're feeling so vulnerable. I hope you can take whatever extra security measures so you can feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back