Being wrongfully accused.

Sadielady3

Confident
I feel like I get blamed a lot for things that aren't my fault too. The truth is, many people in the world don't want to own up to their own wrongs and are looking for someone else to blame. I myself am an easy target because I have this compulsive need to take responsibility for what I did wrong. I sometimes take on too much responsibility.

As others have pointed out we can sometimes do the wrong thing and it's not really our fault. Currently, my boss messed something up and she is trying to blame me for it. Yes, I didn't do what I was supposed to do but I couldn't without her direction. I'm just rolling with it. Being able to accept the logic behind why it's not really my fault helps. Also recognizing that my boss is like this with everyone helps. Sometimes it can be helpful to look at the source of the criticism as well. I'm still working on this with my mother but am getting better at being critical of other sources coming at me. I'm still a perfectionist at heart and it still bothers me not to be perfect but I'm getting better at recognizing unreasonable demands. Perhaps this is where some of your angst comes from? You know you weren't perfect and somewhere in your mind you feel you deserve criticism even though it still stings a bit?

WonderWriter

Confident
I feel like I get blamed a lot for things that aren't my fault too. The truth is, many people in the world don't want to own up to their own wrongs and are looking for someone else to blame. I myself am an easy target because I have this compulsive need to take responsibility for what I did wrong. I sometimes take on too much responsibility.

As others have pointed out we can sometimes do the wrong thing and it's not really our fault. Currently, my boss messed something up and she is trying to blame me for it. Yes, I didn't do what I was supposed to do but I couldn't without her direction. I'm just rolling with it. Being able to accept the logic behind why it's not really my fault helps. Also recognizing that my boss is like this with everyone helps. Sometimes it can be helpful to look at the source of the criticism as well. I'm still working on this with my mother but am getting better at being critical of other sources coming at me. I'm still a perfectionist at heart and it still bothers me not to be perfect but I'm getting better at recognizing unreasonable demands. Perhaps this is where some of your angst comes from? You know you weren't perfect and somewhere in your mind you feel you deserve criticism even though it still stings a bit?
Very well said. Many times I feel my inner critic makes me a target. I’ve gotten better at recognizing blame shifting when it happens, but it’s a learning curve.