• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

ED Binge Eating Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubash16

Policy Enforcement
Does anyone here have a comorbidity like binge eating disorder? Any tips for regaining control in super stressful times?

I binge a lot but have never been "officially" diagnosed. I fit the bill for a lot of BDD stuff as well, but I haven't mentioned it to my therapist yet. The only think that's really helped me is reading Healing the Shame that Binds You. It has a big section on eating disorders and how they're linked to shame. I think being aware of why I want to emotionally eat has helped somewhat (for me it's a feeling of emptiness usually after being around my family). I also make lists, lots of lists about what's stressful to me and how I'm going to tackle it, which I think is sort of CBT or DBT. Meditation has helped somewhat too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back