• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Canoe Trip Story-All Invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Farine, if it is acceptable, I'd be happy to send Angelo some healing energy.....that is, if he's accepting of that sort of thing. You know his spiritual side-we just met, but I'm always welcoming of energy based healing when I'm feeling in the dumpster. I'll be thinking about him today, anyway. So very sorry you are on the sideline with your canoe adventure. Hope he turns the corner quickly!"

Nia turns to Billie and says,

"Billie, What's your flavor for exploring-nature photography, hiking, bird watching, or are you into plants?......we have choices. I'm bringing my camera.....

Just then, Nia yelled across the way to Mizzy......"Angelo is sick, so we are going to let him rest and go on an adventure with Billie. You are welcome to stay here and rest, or come exploring with us. We will be leaving in about 20 minutes.

"Okay, Mom....will we be swimming anywhere do you think or just hiking and checking out nature?"

Nia turned to Billie-you up for a swim, to cool off a little later? I think Mizzy wanted to know so she could know whether to wear a bathing suit. Out here, it probably doesn't matter, but she likes to be prepared for such events. If we follow the river, we can find a place to cool off when it gets warmer a little later in the day. Maybe we should bring water and some fruit for a snack.
I think a swim later on would be great. My Mom and Dad will love to swim too, so yes, it would be great if we all wore swim suits. As to nature, I love it all, especially flowers. I didn't bring my camera though. I lost one once on a rainy day, trying to take a photo of a rose. Water somehow got into it and it died. So, I have my binoculars and a magnifying glass. I try to just enjoy the moment... Oh, by the way, that healing energy sounds like just what we need in order to help Angelo. Great idea.... I think my Mom and Dad are changing into their swim suits now. Let's go do the same.... I even brought a smaller sized blow up beach ball!

The pleasant exchange between Nia, Mizzy and Billie and her parents delighted Farine. THIS would work. And the effort to supply meals or snacks was possible from their stores. Farine could work in camp to make some of her typical camp desserts and extra touches while tending Angelo at intervals. She nodded almost to herself as the plans were being made and firmed up. There was a silver lining in everything.

"Farine, if it is acceptable, I'd be happy to send Angelo some healing energy.....that is, if he's accepting of that sort of thing. You know his spiritual side-we just met, but I'm always welcoming of energy based healing when I'm feeling in the dumpster. I'll be thinking about him today, anyway. So very sorry you are on the sideline with your canoe adventure. Hope he turns the corner quickly!"

Angelo saw Farine's mind was already in motion to mitigate spending her day idly. It wasn't in her nature not to DO... sometimes he joked she was a 'Human Doing' more than a "Human Being'... there was a quaint smile on his lips despite his condition. To Nia, he waved her off from her offer, not because he didn't feel her warmth and lovely intentions, but because his own spirituality was of a different vein. He felt sure that his status would resolve. They had the electronic texting service to call in the cavalry should he really need serious help. He didn't feel they were there yet. "Thank you kindly.. We've just met and yet I feel like we've must have known each other longer. " Then he felt he had reached the limit of his stamina for the moment.. He sought the inner recesses of their tent. He would lie down after taking the painkillers and let Farine field matters for awhile. She was capable.

In getting the group in good shape for their day, Farine went to the area where their food was stored. It might not be possible for her to lift the items into the treeline, but bringing things down was just letting gravity do its thing. She allowed each item to slowly descend and then from its wealth offer to the group a variety of options... Fresh fruit, trail mix, drink packets to mix with clean water and even the makings of sandwiches. She knew that Nia and Mizzy brought their own supplies. Between the merging of the two sets of packed in supplies, the group ought to have the best that they could hope for.

Billie and her parents came out of the red tent all dressed for the day. Swim suits were worn underneath. They smelled like mosquito repellent. Billie was munching on a protein bar and offered some to the others. She looked forward to the days adventures. It sure was good that they had a map. The day looked perfect for some exploring. She had her binoculars and magnifying glass in her fanny pack. Also, she was wearing a safari hat.

"I'll let you two ladies lead the way."

(@Changing4Best and @TruthSeeker , I let a little more time pass before posting as the major action is happening with the two of you at this point. I'm still present and at some point soon will rejoin. )

Farine smiled as Billie and her parents were ready for the day. They seemed to have what they needed, so she was set free to busy herself about the camp with little tasks she gave herself. She occasionally looked in on Angelo who had kept his intentions to 'sweat it out'...

Angelo indeed was 'sweating'.. but not dangerously so. His basic functions were all stable, just at work fighting the bug. He did feel a little under the weather in terms of not being 'on the job'.. but since agreeable plans were shaping up, he gave himself permission to 'take the day off'.. and when Farine DID come in to check on him, his alertness kicked in and he spared her a sleepy smile... an inquiry on how she was doing... and then .. comforted that all was well in the world outside of their tent.. drifted off to sleep again.

I think a swim later on would be great. My Mom and Dad will love to swim too, so yes, it would be great if we all wore swim suits. As to nature, I love it all, especially flowers. I didn't bring my camera though. I lost one once on a rainy day, trying to take a photo of a rose. Water somehow got into it and it died. So, I have my binoculars and a magnifying glass. I try to just enjoy the moment... Oh, by the way, that healing energy sounds like just what we need in order to help Angelo. Great idea.... I think my Mom and Dad are changing into their swim suits now. Let's go do the same.... I even brought a smaller sized blow up beach ball!

"That sounds like fun. We'll be back in a few minutes."

The pleasant exchange between Nia, Mizzy and Billie and her parents delighted Farine. THIS would work. And the effort to supply meals or snacks was possible from their stores. Farine could work in camp to make some of her typical camp desserts and extra touches while tending Angelo at intervals. She nodded almost to herself as the plans were being made and firmed up. There was a silver lining in everything.

Angelo saw Farine's mind was already in motion to mitigate spending her day idly. It wasn't in her nature not to DO... sometimes he joked she was a 'Human Doing' more than a "Human Being'... there was a quaint smile on his lips despite his condition. To Nia, he waved her off from her offer, not because he didn't feel her warmth and lovely intentions, but because his own spirituality was of a different vein. He felt sure that his status would resolve. They had the electronic texting service to call in the cavalry should he really need serious help. He didn't feel they were there yet. "Thank you kindly.. We've just met and yet I feel like we've must have known each other longer. " Then he felt he had reached the limit of his stamina for the moment.. He sought the inner recesses of their tent. He would lie down after taking the painkillers and let Farine field matters for awhile. She was capable.

Nia stood about 6 feet from Farine and Angelo and said, "I just remembered something that could help Angelo's fever. I believe water may be a healing source for Angelo. If you get too concerned about the fever or it worsens, take Angelo to the river to cool him off. Immerse him in the cold river water to bring his temperature down. When I was sick, my grandmother would put me in a bath of cold water for 20 min intervals....and it would often be the thing that broke the fever.....if aspirin (that's what she used back then) didn't do the trick. I know I always felt so much better after a cool bath. Make sure he gets plenty of water to drink.....water, it is so basic to our survival, isn't it?"

In getting the group in good shape for their day, Farine went to the area where their food was stored. It might not be possible for her to lift the items into the treeline, but bringing things down was just letting gravity do its thing. She allowed each item to slowly descend and then from its wealth offer to the group a variety of options... Fresh fruit, trail mix, drink packets to mix with clean water and even the makings of sandwiches. She knew that Nia and Mizzy brought their own supplies. Between the merging of the two sets of packed in supplies, the group ought to have the best that they could hope for.

Nia and Mizzy stood by as Farine lowered the carefully stored food. Community is a wonderful thing, isn't it? There are so many choices-I'm so glad you invited us to join you. Nia took an apple, a bottle of water and a lemonade flavor packet, and she made another peanut butter sandwich.....her favorite! Mizzy opted for trail mix, a protein bar, and bottled water.
"Mizzy, I'm going to put my food in my backpack...I have enough room for you if you don't want to carry it.
"Sounds like a plan, Mom" she replied.
Nia went on, "I have my camera in the backpack, first aid kit, suntan lotion, and bug spray. Am I forgetting anything?
"Don't think so....I think we are good."
Just then, Billie and her parents came up to check out the food situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Nia mentioned, ""I just remembered something that could help Angelo's fever. I believe water may be a healing source for Angelo. If you get too concerned about the fever or it worsens, take Angelo to the river to cool him off. Immerse him in the cold river water to bring his temperature down. When I was sick, my grandmother would put me in a bath of cold water for 20 min intervals....and it would often be the thing that broke the fever.....if aspirin (that's what she used back then) didn't do the trick. I know I always felt so much better after a cool bath. Make sure he gets plenty of water to drink.....water, it is so basic to our survival, isn't it?" Farine felt this sense of deep caring from Nia that really made her heart glow. This is what she so loved about being out in nature was meeting other nature lovers. She had monitored his fever as much as she could around his rest. The suggestion about tempid baths was considered.

Angelo felt all of this consideration about his illness as reason to get through it as fast as possible. So while he did take the morning off, he tried his luck at staying awake and helping around the camp for the afternoon as much as possible. At the time when the food was being packed and distributed, he was deeply asleep... vague sounds filtered back to him from that time.. he was listening on some level for anything of distress from Farine. For her, he would have been like the walking dead no matter HOW he felt. But she sounded good when his mind cycled around to listen for her. The gentle sounds of checking for needed items, picking choices all sounded like peace and safety to him. As for his fever, he finally was feeling better. This meant in practical terms that he could be awake for longer than a half hour, he could work and do his part and should someone wish to know what his time in the region had taught him, he could reliably communicate that.

@Changing4Best and @Farine

Meanwhile............................
"Mizzy, Billie, Nia and Billie's parents had traveled down the river and were having a delightful time, getting to know one another out in the wilderness. They hiked to a hole with a number of large rounded rocks, situated in a semi-circle, suitable for sitting on while they could rest their tired legs. Billie blew up her ball, and had a grand time. She stood in front of the adults.....and being the youngest in the group, had the spotlight on her. She laughed and giggled while tossing the ball to each of the adults, trying not to let the ball hit the water.......but all the while hoping they'd each get splashed and soaking wet. Everyone was caught up in the moment, batting the ball back and forth, having a grand time.

Suddently, Billie stopped, and stood very still.......staring past all of the adults......everyone stopped laughing.......and they all one-by-one, turned their head to see what Billie was looking at........and they too, didn't dare move........

There, in a clearing, stood a deer. How she had not heard all that noise they were all making was strange. She was beautiful. Seems she had come to get a drink. Once she had gotten what she'd come for, she was gone in a flash. Had anyone gotten a photo of her?

"A truly amazing day. First, a beautiful hike, we all made some new friends, a grand time just playing in the water like when we were children and carefree, and then.....a magnificent doe....yep, I caught her on my camera. I think I saw her fawn in the background when I was peering through the camera. I took the picture so quickly, I couldn't be sure. Maybe it's mother was making sure the coast was clear before signaling her fawn that it was safe.

"How about we eat our lunch, now........I think all that walking and playing made me hungry. Anyone else ready for lunch?" Nia asked.
Everyone smiled and nodded.....
"I really am looking forward to my peanut butter sandwich and lemonade. How about you all?..After we eat, maybe we can take a different way back to get to the campsite to make the most of our day."

Just then Billie looked over to the left, up in the trees. She motioned with her finger for everyone to "shhhh..." Up in the tree was a huge spider in an even larger web. The web was gently moving a bit in the summer breezes. The spider was motionles, as if she was aware of their presence. Billie thought to herself that she was grateful it was over there and not above them. She got out her binoculars and focused on it. Then she handed them around so everyone could see. She thought she saw Nia snapping a few shots of it out of the corner of her eye. She'd have to get Nia's address before this was over. She had grown so fond of her.

She made her own lunch. The saying 'feed a cold.. or was it starve a cold... ' was doing laps in her mind.. nevermind.. Angelo could indicate whatever he wished to in order to....

... 'I"m hungry'... came the reply from within the tent... they were close enough that sometimes Angelo knew what she was thinking, particularly if she was strongly focused on it. He always loved her surprise when he could actually read her mind. And he sat up without a sense of urgency to lay down again... They would need to air out his sleeping bag.. It was damp and out here that was bad news. Wet meant cold. But the day was in full swing judging by the light coming through the screen partition to the outside world. He would join it.

Farine was just about to take a big bite of sandwich when she heard "I'm hungry' coming from inside of their tent in perfect synch with her internal ruminations. "Hmm.. Something basic? Or what I'm having... a sandwich?" She was confined to words. SHe hadn't developed that sense which knew what he was thinking.
"Sandwich.' Why use two words when one would do. She made these really good sandwiches with all kinds of tastes in it and nothing that didn't flow together. He actually was looking forward to having it.
THAT was worth putting extra energy and momentum into. The fixin's were all about her. Assembly-line style she composed an artwork of food which said 'I love you' and 'I'm so happy you're feeling better' all in one entree. Then she set hers to the side to bring his with some lemonade she had hastily mixed together. She asked if he could work the door or she should.
He smiled. She could manage it... he was going to allow her to do the honors... he so often was the one opening doors and doing the gallant deed. Here was the last vestige of being sick to warrant some extra attention. It might be selfish but he intended to enjoy it. A meal in bed was not something he often allowed himself.
She learned something about him in that moment.. filing it away for the future.. she set everything down carefully, opened the screen door... passed the food through to the other side and then stepping through, promptly rezipped it in order to prevent intruders into their private space. Then with a flourish, delivered his meal to him in bed.
As he received his meal and began to dig in... he took a sense of her and how she was doing. She looked content. She had done several things... and that always gave her not only a sense of accomplishment, but wellness overall. So once he had courteously cleared his mouth for speaking.. he asked.. "So.. what all have you transformed?" It was not said sarcastically. He really wanted to know.
"I have a blueberry cheesecake in the dutch oven. There is a beef stroganoff simmering just barely over the heat. What I'm particularly happy about is that there are a few decorations. I had some time to string some leaves and pinecones on some fishing line... "
"you USED some of my fishing line?" He was surprised... He had plenty... it surely wasn't off of his rod and reel but the back up spool... "OKay.. THIS i have to see... " He set down the sandwich... She was feeling particularly artistic. She was VERY happy when she did that. So now he had to go see her 'work'. He squirmed out of the sleeping bag and without aid gained his feet. He could see she was happy about that. Then he stood in the doorway to look through the screen.. She had strung clever garlands from a few trees.. high enough overhead that he or Bill wouldn't run into them at their height. It also meant she needed more things to do. He was needed. And now that he was up, he was more easily tired yes.. but his body was pushing the sickness out. The rest of the sandwich was calling to him. "Babe, just sit with me while I finish this okay?" He went back to the cot and patted the seat next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back