• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Capable Of Love And Capable Of Being A Good Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love to read your story. It is wonderful when you keep love, it is the most powerful emotion and can heal anything. Love for me is tainted a bit. For me love is connected to bad memories and good memories. Most of the good memories are memories I made myself with healthy friends. Friends have a lot of things about love to teach us. I dont' want my baby to teach me about love. That is not his job. It sounds like you have learned to love yourself as a mother. I think that loving myself is something I stuggle with, but can relate to learning to love myself as a mother thing.

It is wonderful when we can look at ourselves through the eyes of the parents we wished we had. Children have a way to make us relive the world. When my son was 4 months old he would spend 30 minutes looking at the string on the aprons. I found that utterly fasincating. When you stop looking at apron strings, the world gets less interesting I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back