• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Christians Unite!

Sending someone to watch over you. :)

1572904226825.jpeg

Yesterday I found the church in our town that takes care of the homeless. There are a lot of things the homeless need, so they have to be able to do a lot of things for them. I enjoyed their church service last night (Sat. evening). They are non-denominational. I want to get others involved, but it is so hard. Many homeless are mentally ill or drug addicts. There is such a stigma, for so many reasons. I wish and pray that there could be some easier way to overcome stigmas! I am so frustrated.

I usually walk every other Sunday on one of the trails located near where I live with my friend. Sunday was a crisp (for here), beautiful,and sunny morning. There were lots of people walking and biking, and lots of little kids and dogs as usual. And, there was a homeless person bundled up, sleeping on one of the benches. I was stuck and silenced. I'm still thinking about it. My friend and I didn't talk about it. I wonder "why" about that as well. I'm still thinking.....

It's not that I haven't seen homeless people before or interacted with them. My metro area has quite a large population across it's 5 county area. It's not like I haven't been without permanent shelter or to a food bank before because I have. Maybe it was a reminder that I'm not far from being in that place again. I do worry about that; a lot. No job and money is running out. I don't know.

I don't know the answer to homelessness. There are so many reasons, financial, mental illness, physical health issues, lack of affordable housing and low wages, addiction.... There are many agencies and organizations in my area that help out in this arena. Many people give of their time, talents, and funding to help others in need. Sometimes, though, it isn't a matter of resources, it's a matter of accepting help, fear of being put into the system, and/or having to follow common rules and regulations to get the help that is needed. Sometimes, it's that mental health and/or addiction issues get in the way and prohibit the person from even seeing that they need help. It's complicated.

I've worked with and supported a lot of nonprofit organizations. I've come to learn that people, generally, give what and how they can to help others. Sometimes, they just need to be made aware that there is a need and be given some direction.

Sending prayers, light, and the cover of Grace to those who are without stable or any sort of housing, those who are hurting and lost, those fighting addictions, and those who are in need of care and basic necessities such as food.

I started intentional prayer last evening. It is something I've been wanting to do for some time now and which has been weighing heavily on my heart. It's different than the praying I do all day, every day. It's a time for me to sit and be still - to listen, to ask, to share, to pray with intention for those who are suffering in a way that needs more than "bless them and keep them" covers. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but it's a path for me right now to practice and explore. Needing and wanting to go deeper into my faith again.

This was in my inbox I just saw, not to post as heavy but I like the way he writes. But most of all, because although it sounds like a downer because of the topic, tbh it jst takes the bull by the horns, to me, and is the only thing that gives me hope for surviving. And it makes me feel better. (Though pretty sure not what they meant by the movie "Frozen"! ? )

It also makes me think, ptsd has a lot of bs associated with it. It's quite the mind-f*, to say it a little crassly (but honestly). I don't know how people say to befriend it, because IMHO it tries to take and destroy everything.

Back