• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Combat Ptsd Unit Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then people would ask allot of questions and you can tell them that you belong to a secret global military organization............which is mostly true.

Shhh! Don't say that...they will raid my bunker and take away my tinfoil helmet!;)

Thought I'd start another thread on this one. Might look good on a T shirt. I really like the Spork idea

Link Removed
101st PTSD Spork Division

We now have to change the whole Spork thing to this....

Splade Criticism.png

It's a SPLADE

...........It's a SPLADE

What does Splade actualy mean Jimmy? other than the fact it does sound slightly racist

Being an Aussie term I am guessing at "Spoon, Ladle, Dead meat"?

Or maybe something more from the Empire days. "Spiffing Potatoes Laid Against Delicious Err, oih Marge whats this shit called agian."

Looked it up.

Spork comes from the combination of spoon and fork and the word is a portmanteau. (a word that comes from combining two words) It was patented by Samuel Francis in 1874.

You may also call it a Foon or a Lusikkahaarukka as they do in Finland.

Splayd is an entirely different affair and is not a portmanteau. It is a brand of Sporf and the name is taken for the root word "Splay, to slant or slope." It was invented in the 1940's by William MacArthur in Sydney.

Other words that arise are Knork, Spife, Sporf, Runcible Spoon, and ice cream fork.

And now I know way too f*cking much about cutlery.

Hmm, portmanteau. Wagon, it's official; you're just too darn edjumakated. Isn't it wonderful to be a font of information. :rolleyes:

Wikipedia could make George Bush Jr. look smart, the trick is actually reading it. I really don't think the guy knew how to use a computer. Seriously, is there any evidence that the guy knows how to use anything beyond a telephone....(somebody dials the numbers for him I'm betting)

Wikipedia could make George Bush Jr. look smart, the trick is actually reading it. I really don't think the guy knew how to use a computer. Seriously, is there any evidence that the guy knows how to use anything beyond a telephone....(somebody dials the numbers for him I'm betting)

Making my former boss look smart.... that's a good one!

Looked it up.

Spork comes from the combination of spoon and fork and the word is a portmanteau. (a word that comes from combining two words) It was patented by Samuel Francis in 1874.

Are you sure? I don't want to step in here during your spoon love in, but I thought a portmanteau was a coat? Like a thing with no buttons on it but with a hood and arms.

Its either this or one of those fresh water and / or low depth creatures that are not a dolphin or a seal but look a bit like them. Well more like a cow with seal parts and a bit like a dolphin. You see them on tv sometimes. Mostly on nature programs.

Hmm, portmanteau. Wagon, it's official; you're just too darn edjumakated. Isn't it wonderful to be a font of information. :rolleyes:

Yeah but he isn't right. Its a coat he is thinking of. not a spoon and fork thing put together. I have my old JNA one that says rust free on it. Its rusty. Its also not a spork. Or a coat. Or a low depth fresh water sea creature.

portmanteau [pɔːtˈmæntəʊ]
n pl -teaus, -teaux [-təʊz]
1. (formerly) a large travelling case made of stiff leather, esp one hinged at the back so as to open out into two compartments
2. (modifier) embodying several uses or qualities the heroine is a portmanteau figure of all the virtues
[from French: cloak carrier, from porter to carry + manteau cloak, mantle]
Noun 1.
portmanteau - a new word formed by joining two others and combining their meanings; "`smog' is a blend of `smoke' and `fog'"; "`motel' is a portmanteau word made by combining `motor' and `hotel'"; "`brunch' is a well-known portmanteau

Thanks Alan, I almost doubted the dictionary there for a moment. You were close, it is also luggage.
I think you are searching for the animals Manatee and Du gong. Grey potato like animals that eat sea grass.
Semper Spork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back