Core Beliefs & Counters

OliveJewel

MyPTSD Pro
Avoiding food (and making poor choices when I do consume something) is going to cause me to get painfully sick and die earlier than if I organize my eating.

That is black and white thinking as well as future tripping.

The lie I tell myself is that I can’t improve. But I feel overwhelmed with where to begin—mostly because I’m laid up in bed in pain, thinking about how I got here, and crying. Thank God for my cat and this forum.

brat17

MyPTSD Pro
I have had the sense of foreshortened future for years. I agree with Friday, can't buy into it and not pay your bills and live like its real. After more than a decade of feeling this, the copd has gotten really bad. Along with a lot of pain, each day seems worse than the last. I have trouble making any sort of plans in the future....even a lunch date next week, because I might not be up to it.

Finally at a point in life where financial struggles are less, I have little physical ability to do the things I wish I could do. Feeling more safe in my environment, I haven't the ability to do things I want to do either.

Im convinced my dr is missing something as to why I am totally exhausted and in pain. Then I argue with myself. I feel like I am going crazy.