Core Beliefs & Counters

RussellSue

MyPTSD Pro
He provides a buffer zone and a forcefield that stops me being a needy-and-exploitative- people-magnet, which was draining me down to near fatal levels, when I met him.
That is great. Some of us really do need the extra help. I used to be really bad that way, too, but got help learning to instead be pretty standoffish many years ago.

Most of my family is not diagnosed on the spectrum but after my nephew was diagnosed, a lot of things seemed to make sense, especially regarding my mother who is high functioning but almost never didn't have help from her parents. I can't say for sure but the ways she resembles my nephew are pretty amazing. I do know that the empathy she had for me as a kid was over the top and really more than she could handle. It made her nuts.

My mother's lack of awareness is also pretty astounding. It really does make it hard to sort anything out.

Best of luck to you with hopefully figuring out your mother. It's hard work trying to understand people who cannot provide you with much insight into themselves.