• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Corona, my mom’s heart & of course... ANXIETY ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

MyPTSD Pro
So... I’m living in the hot zone (NYC) atm so it’s been stressful, scary, sad to say the least. I’ve lost around 300 friends (& I’m not that old... although I do FEEL OLD), acquaintances, friends parents, neighbors, etc. Over the last couple of weeks things have calmed down SO much regarding corona... thank goodness. But about 2 weeks ago my friend and former classmate passed away. That one shocked me to my core. She was just the sweetest person. And a few years ago her 2 younger sisters drowned in a pool. So that was devastating. I’m not allowing myself to think about it yet because I’m not in a strong enough place yet to deal with this new reality.

So I can’t seem to get my anxiety under control. Constant panic attacks. Waking up multiple times during the night, soaked in sweat from some nightmare I usually don’t remember. And to make things more fun, a week ago I walked in the house and my mom was lying on the floor. She had tripped and fallen a little earlier & couldn’t get up. THANK GOODNESS she wasn’t hurt but I had to lift her up and she weighs close to 300 lb! I have a few herniated discs in my back so that was physically painful and I started getting more scared/anxious in general.

Then this past weekend momz heart started racing and she felt heaviness in her chest. Whatever I tried wasn’t helping so I called an ambulance & They took us t They took us tO the hospital. Hospital let me in by mistake so I stayed there for four - five hours that we were there. I was having constant panic attacks because I have a problem when locked into a place- agoraphobia. Since then mother has been having chest pains and heaviness on her chest episodes few times a day. I’ve spoken to her cardiologist (or whoever’s on call) 3-5 times and need to call her cardiologist again to ask more questions .
This is just all too hard And I don’t know how much more of that I can take.
Any any suggestions would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Again, I hope you’re OK and safe and well :)

Oh hun that is so much to be dealing with all at once...of course you are stressed out. Anyone would be.

any chance mom's symptoms are from panic attacks? Not sure if that would make it easier but .....

don't forget care for yourself....You can't help anyone if you aren't taking care of you first. :hug:

Very sorry to read Smile. My MIL is back in a rehab which does not allow visitors due to Covid and is trying to strengthen for a heart valve repair. She was attacked by a new resident/roommate Friday evening and was crying on the phone. We never felt so helpless, cuz local family couldn't go check on her (they had her in a chair in a hall way while they were trying to figure out what to do), and of course admin offices were closed so we couldn't find a way to check on her after her cell phone battery died. We have had quite a lot of stress. I'm thinking about going back on an antidepressant for the interim as it's affecting my daily life for 90 days to a year til the landscape changes. Our state was closed for travel to MIL's location... and even now, if we travel, we "should self quarantine" for 14 days. Family down south is not helping things... any. Can't even find her Tricare card???? Christ. I have had some angina... but know it's stress related.

Just know it's not only you and try to press on through with the most important things for you and your mom... other things can fall by the wayside for a while. If you need help, post and or seek more direct assistance?

Oh hun that is so much to be dealing with all at once...of course you are stressed out. Anyone would be.

any chance mom's symptoms are from panic attacks? Not sure if that would make it easier but .....

don't forget care for yourself....You can't help anyone if you aren't taking care of you first. :hug:

Very astute of you. A few days ago I mentioned to her that perhaps it’s anxiety related and she said “maybe” (big deal coming from her to believe in mental health ?). Since then her episodes have gone wayyyy down :)
I mean, she definitely has a real heart problem but I think the stress was getting to her and because she has NO IDEA how to tune in to her emotional side, I think this is definitely part of the problem.
thanks!!

Very sorry to read Smile. My MIL is back in a rehab which does not allow visitors due to Covid and is trying to strengthen for a heart valve repair. She was attacked by a new resident/roommate Friday evening and was crying on the phone. We never felt so helpless, cuz local family couldn't go check on her (they had her in a chair in a hall way while they were trying to figure out what to do), and of course admin offices were closed so we couldn't find a way to check on her after her cell phone battery died. We have had quite a lot of stress. I'm thinking about going back on an antidepressant for the interim as it's affecting my daily life for 90 days to a year til the landscape changes. Our state was closed for travel to MIL's location... and even now, if we travel, we "should self quarantine" for 14 days. Family down south is not helping things... any. Can't even find her Tricare card???? Christ. I have had some angina... but know it's stress related.

Just know it's not only you and try to press on through with the most important things for you and your mom... other things can fall by the wayside for a while. If you need help, post and or seek more direct assistance?

Oh, I’m so sorry :((( I hope she gets better soon!!
didn’t they just change the law so that a relative can now visit? Or is that just hospitals? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back