• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

cPTSD cured after 54 years of searching. I finally did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be brief. I suffered daily. My choices and decisions, my behaviour in every aspect of my life was always influenced (sometime slightly, sometimes quite dramatically) by the influnce of past trauma. But then one night , on August 8 2022, I finally put all my learning s and searching that I have done all my life, put it all together and won. I beat PTSD. Not just a copy strategy but completely gone. Disappeared.

No need to bite bc im not fishing, just sharing. Physical
Mental and emotional abuse and 2 counts of sexual from age 3 months to about age 17. Lots of mental breakdowns , suicide thoughts for almost 10years. Lots of searching for a cure or simple release from the constant and insisant fear...nothing worked.
So 2 years ago I started searching, learning and practiceing all sorts of different treatments. Then after 2 years...it all came together. Here is the problem why it is so difficult. We are all searing for a single cure, a single treatment that works for us...and the truth i have uncovered is that it was only the combination of 5 or 6 treatments, knowledge and practice that it was able to come together, quite by accident really bc I was not expecting it. It happened about 6 weeks ago and im now about 1/3 of my way into writing a book about it.

And, what was it that caused you to 'beat' PTSD in one night?
I was wondering this as well. PTSD doesn't have a cure. I'm someone who feels like I've actually begun to manage my PTSD, process my trauma and have begun to actually live a life that is rewarding and not filled with suffering. I used a pretty complicated medication regimen to get there. I almost killed myself as a result of the drugs. I ended up hospitalized, actually. No regrets, would do it all again, have come out the other side. But PTSD? It's still there. It always will be.

Can you help me better understand what you mean by saying you're cured? I may just not understand the point you're trying to get across and that could be the reason I'm struggling with taking this seriously. Are you saying you no longer have flashbacks/other symptoms or are you saying you're no longer effected by them?

Here is the problem why it is so difficult. We are all searing for a single cure, a single treatment that works for us

I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that everyone is searching for a single cure. That statement makes me really wonder how many people with PTSD you've talked to in advance. Have you taken the time to learn about others and their struggles before declaring that you've found the perfect combination which will be available in a bookstore near you?

It happened about 6 weeks ago
I hope you find some longevity in being asymptomatic.

Myself, I was asymptomatic for 10 years. Long enough to think that I “had” PTSD, past tense, and no longer did. But then, that was before I learned anything about the disorder.

Come to find? Nope! I still had PTSD. As cyclical/ reactive/ relapsing&remitting conditions do? When the circumstances were right, it came back.

Exactly like how even if diabetes can be perfectly managed with diet & exercise alone? A person still has diabetes.

The vast majority of people with PTSD do become asymptomatic. (Over 90% although numbers vary by a point here or there; for example, according some sources, as high at 96% others report 92-94%). Which means it’s only the teeny tiny minority who will still be dealing with symptoms, at some level, their whole lives. Even if we all have the condition life long.

So it’s very normal in PTSD-Land to go years & decades without being bothered by symptoms, as well as very normal to relapse from time to time, when the conditions are right (new trauma, increased stress, loss of coping mechanisms).

Does that include CPTSD? Yep. As until recently there was no distinction between PTSD & CPTSD, the numbers (well over 90% become/remain asymptomatic for years/decades/sometimes lifetimes) represent the aggregate.

Sorry if that puts a wrinkle in your book plans, but it’s still good news in regards to it’s hopeful you’ll experience more than a few weeks of relief.

So it’s very normal in PTSD-Land to go years & decades without being bothered by symptoms, as well as very normal to relapse from time to time, when the conditions are right (new trauma, increased stress, loss of coping mechanisms).
Yup - 45 fairly normal years, then heaps of stress and before diagnoses trauma 2 comes along. Both complex events too. So yeah, from "normal" to non functioning overnight......and it can happen again....and again...and again.....

I was wondering this as well. PTSD doesn't have a cure. I'm someone who feels like I've actually begun to manage my PTSD, process my trauma and have begun to actually live a life that is rewarding and not filled with suffering. I used a pretty complicated medication regimen to get there. I almost killed myself as a result of the drugs. I ended up hospitalized, actually. No regrets, would do it all again, have come out the other side. But PTSD? It's still there. It always will be.
I felt the same. My research into treatments has revealed the same.

My comments will ruffle many feathers in the professional community, of that I'm certain. There was a time when all but one person thought that the sun and planets revolved around the earth, so just because everyone believes that a cure or total resolution with the past is not possible, does not mean that it can't happen. I speak from my experience only. I am not a professional although I have done more than 10 000 hours of research and learning over 50 years. I am going out on a limb to say that every treatment, practice, drug, counseling, ...you name it is only ever a method to help sufferers cope. As I said in my earlier post, I only stumbled onto this purely by accident for me it was only a combination of about 5 or 6 different systems (including, manifestation, self-awareness....off course meditation, inner child work, living in the present moment, acceptance and understanding the evolutionary brain) that the cure happened. I have sat with and meditated deeply on how my body and mind are functioning following my victory over PTSD. I am open and self-aware and I do this in complete honesty to the present moment. I sit without judgment or agenda and I am here to say that after 6 weeks...there is no sign whatsoever of any of the systems that were ever present before.
If that is not a cure, then I don't know what is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back