• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

cPTSD cured after 54 years of searching. I finally did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not ruffled, but I would like to know how you distinguish between "cured" and "asymptomatic?" And how do you *know*?
Good question, I guess for me they are the same thing. I'll get back to you in a few years' time and confirm. It is only been a short time but I remember hearing one researcher once say...that if a single event can cause a lifetime of recall...why then can't a single event in the present restore things back to normal.

I think OP might not have enough experience to make a claim. If you have a cure we’re all ears. Ya know if your writing a book it might do you well to test your theories on some real people. A quick cure I’m sure we’d all be willing to be your Guinea pig…can you give us precise instructions?

Curious though if you’ve ever been asymptomatic, as in after your diagnosis? Personally I was for 20 years so I can testify to its cyclic nature and if you’ve read any of my posts you’ll know that as I go through therapy this go round I am as concerned with shoving away the problem and becoming asymptomatic as I am about going through the mire to get to real results because it isn’t easy to tell the difference, having actual knowledge of being symptomatic, asymptomatic and back to symptomatic much like the people on this forum.

I want to say so many things but fearing censure I will leave it at this, maybe you should’ve posted your journey to a cure before you posted your pie in the sky beliefs.

Good question, I guess for me they are the same thing. I'll get back to you in a few years' time and confirm. It is only been a short time but I remember hearing one researcher once say...that if a single event can cause a lifetime of recall...why then can't a single event in the present restore things back to normal.
This is just word salad. Can you answer a direct question, please? We're asking you specifically how did you cure your PTSD. Your answer of "I'll get back to you in a few years" is not sufficient and honestly reads as borderline trolling.

It is only been a short time but I remember hearing one researcher once say...that if a single event can cause a lifetime of recall...why then can't a single event in the present restore things back to normal.
I'm not enough of a researcher to properly argue this point - but I'll say that it's a hypothesis, a rhetorical question - not a thesis or conclusion.

@dutchmortimer - I'm glad you found some relief from your symptoms. I wouldn't go so far as to assume that the particular combination of therapies that you mentioned are replicable for anyone else but yourself. As you said -
So 2 years ago I started searching, learning and practiceing all sorts of different treatments. Then after 2 years...it all came together.
Sounds like you did 2 years worth of work to me.
I am going out on a limb to say that every treatment, practice, drug, counseling, ...you name it is only ever a method to help sufferers cope.
Or - 'coping' eventually turns into 'improvement', which we call change.

Bottom line - nothing happens overnight. Not even what happened to you.
I sit without judgment or agenda and I am here to say that after 6 weeks...there is no sign whatsoever of any of the systems that were ever present before.
If that is not a cure, then I don't know what is.
The other word for it is remission.

And also as you said - only time will tell. I'd encourage you to maintain the practices that got you to where you are, because I don't doubt that you've been working very hard. And I'd encourage you to recognize that mental health is about maintenance, not about epiphany. We often have epiphanies, or moments of extreme clarity, along the journey. But they aren't the end of the line. Getting up and living every day, managing one's life in a way that allows you to stay symptom free - that's part of living with this disorder. And if/when there's a major event in your future that sets off a recurrence of symptoms, I hope you can lean into the techniques you explored and applied to help get you through it.

There are no simple answers; there is no miracle cure. Just hard work.

I'm going to leave this locked, because I believe it's run its course. I wish you well on your journey. But don't attempt to espouse any theory of overnight recovery on this site. You're welcome to stay, if you're genuinely interested in supporting - not healing - others.

If you have any questions for me, direct them towards Contact Us. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back