• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Des-Nos / Complex PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its only when people become focused on that label, being more my point, when it becomes a problem during the healing process, ie. I have CPTSD so I have an excuse to be in self sympathy over this person who only has acute PTSD.

Personally, this is why I dropped the label, other than for paper purposes (doctors). I am afraid of getting on a pity pot that I won't get off. So I chucked that label as far as I could. Out smarting myself, I am!

Hmm, length to heal? I figure mine might be in the years category.. no matter, I'm on my journey and will get there when I get there..

bec

Could be bec... might not also. Healing trauma took me about a year, hard for the first six months, learning to manage about another two years, and to be quite honest, I work every single day on myself in some way helping to learn new skills and managing PTSD. There is always something new to learn, and I want to learn constantly in order to improve myself, so I continue being far mentally superior for my own self benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back