• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You See An End To The Symptoms In Your Life?

Do You See an End to the Symptoms in Your Life?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently feel very overwhelmed and do not see an end to the symptoms in my life. However, I do hope that with continued therapy I will find at least some relief.

Reactions: Ron
I see this is an old thread, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. No...I don't believe there will ever be a time when I'm completely unafraid. But I sure hope to high heaven I'll be less jumpy some time soon. So, I'm going to get better someday, but 'cured'? I doubt it. Maybe in 20 years or so if they invent a cure...but who wants to spend 20 years waiting?

Yes, I do see an end to PTSD symptoms in my life. Though this end to my PTSD symptoms is yet to arrive, I must say not only do I believe that there is an end to them, I can also imagine and therefore see its end. I believe that there is available, a greatly enriched life after trauma and that with it, I will experience many manageable deep feelings, continuing grace and many joys and passions yet to come.

Hope

No I dont think so but hopefully,I can make some positive impact in life rather than just wasting away. Maybe we should start a PTSD awareness revolution.

Seeing my older sister battle her daily demons (and she too suffered the same childhood abuse as I), I voted that I don't see any end in sight.

I keep asking my doctor if I will ever get better, and be cured. He basically tells me that I will learn to live with my past, and should be content with that life. I don't see it happening any too soon.

nor

I wanted to make a comment out of curiosity more than anything. For those of you who voted yes to this poll, what was your official diagnosis? Not to be rude, but I have a feeling people who vote yes are either in denial about the serious and permanent nature of PTSD, or have perhaps not been diagnosed on the severest end of the scale. Maybe you are able to work, maybe your symptoms were only severe for a short period of time, and so on. That's my opinion anyhow. Feel free to disagree.

I believe in healing. I believe in recovery. I have experienced much of it in my years dealing with ptsd. It is alot of work, takes alot of courage but it can be done. YES!!!

I've pondered this poll several times. Guess I hoped that, as I learned more and tested the waters more, I could vote "yes." But I think I'm finally accepting that, no, the symptoms won't end. They can get better for spells, but, unless there's some miracle cure, I see now that I am going to have to deal with them for the rest of my life.

I believe in healing too... to an extent. I have worked extremely hard on myself. Some of the things I have accomplished have been incredible. I never thought in my wildest dreams I'd be able to do some things that I am now doing. But... the fact remains, everytime I think I'm doing great and let down my guard so to speak, I fall flat on my face. There are certain things I absolutely must avoid and I don't see that ever changing, neither do my doctors. In fact, they suggest I permanently avoid certain situations. It's like the PTSD is just waiting in the shadows to pounce on me when I'm not vigilant. It has an altered my brain. I don't know about anyone here, but my PTSD shows up in my brain, my right hippocampus has lost volume since the trauma, and my frontal lobe is enlarged. While I am positive I am can manage my symptoms well with lots of hard work, I honestly do not believe I will ever be symptom free or PTSD free, unless there is some cure in the future of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back