• đź’– [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] đź’– Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do your parts dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes for me it feels that way because sometimes in my memory it feels as if I consciously remember as if I just didn`t sleep during that time. Would explain why I am always soooooo tired hahaha
But maybe it is normal mhhh 🤔

But maybe it is normal mhhh 🤔
There are degrees of normal.

Most people relate to external noises, smells, movement, etc. making their way into their dreams (an alarm to wake up, being a fire alarm or honking car in a dream), or internal things (like needing to pee, or running a fever) becoming part of their dreams.

Ditto, most people can relate to dreams where they’re different ages, genders/sexes, multiple people within the dream or 3rd person throughout.

A much small percentage... but still A LOT... of people can do the waking-doze thing... where they’re “sleeping” but still totally aware of their environment / can participate in conversation, know when the vehicle has stopped or someone arrives home, etc. That’s a fun readout on sleep study tech, by the by, because you get both the sleep cycle waves (including REM) right alongside conscious waking awareness readouts. This is a skill thay most militaries actively teach people (right along with being able to “sleep anytime, anywhere”).

Sleep is a really fascinating speciality... the human brain & mind are capable of some truly extraordinary feats.

Some of those feats pass “normal” into “indicative of other problems” or straight into disorder or sleep disorder. But there is a great big huge giant range of normal before one starts edging into indicative or symptomatic.

A much small percentage... but still A LOT... of people can do the waking-doze thing... where they’re “sleeping” but still totally aware of their environment / can participate in conversation, know when the vehicle has stopped or someone arrives home, etc. That’s a fun readout on sleep study tech, by the by, because you get both the sleep cycle waves (including REM) right alongside conscious waking awareness readouts. This is a skill thay most militaries actively teach people (right along with being able to “sleep anytime, anywhere”).
This so interesting that I have to research some of it.
The thing about the military is so interesting and I realized ones more what strain it is has to put on a person. I mean you are in "alarm-mode" even when sleeping and maybe even without being abroad. Sounds like the breeding ground for problems afterwards - crazy that only some people get destroyed in the process (not meant judgy).

OT: but did you like the rigidity in military? Your outlook on "normal" and not is super interesting it shows again there is only normal with some people being outliers within the range of normal :) Made me happy once again ^^

Struggles in real life.....even worrying about whether there is a missing puzzle piece makes it into my dreams....and sometimes I wake up struggling in a dream.....kinda funny.....worrying about a missing puzzle piece for a 3000 piece puzzle......LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back