• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does PTSD Permanently Damage Your Trust Meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be one of the most trusting people I knew. If you told me 'X', I would believe you. And unless I was given reason to not trust, I did so freely and happily. And I used to give the benefit of the doubt and be very forgiving.

Now...*sigh* now it seems like if someone tells me 'X' I stand around waiting for them to do/say something (even if it's the tiniest discrepancy) that shows they were lying or using me or whatever. And I'm finding that if I feel I was used or lied to in any way-that's it, you're done in my book. No second chance, it's over.

I don't like this. It's a 180 from how I was before and I wonder if I'm ever going to get that part of myself back again.

I think this part of us heals with the rest of our healing. I am not the most trusting individuial yet. But I am learning to trust. I trust some people here, I am learning to trust my inlaws, I have had to learn to trust my husband. Again, I think it heals the more you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back