• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Don't Know What To Do! Communications and PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, sorry to hear that. I know what your saying, except when I divorced, it was my doing, not my ex-wifes. I felt what your feeling, except I was still in the army at that stage, and with PTSD, its just I didn't know why I was drinking myself stupid and smoking like a chimney.

I thought disappearing would make everything better for me also, but it didn't, nor for anyone who was concerned about me.

Is there still chance for resolution?

My wife now was nearly ready to boot me when my life was upside down, but she gave me an alternative, where either I get out, or I get help. I took the help road, and here I am today. Maybe if you talk with your wife about getting help, follow it through, and show her that you care about her by careing about yourself. You get better from the worst of PTSD, generally so do relationships.

i hope so we have alot of family and friends concerned about the two of us so with their support we should get through this with the help of the course,which i have heard very good things about so am very keen.

Paul, get onto Martha Landman at the PTSD center in Heatley, as you won't get straight on, as courses are generally booked one or two ahead, so that means it could take you 2 - 6 months before getting onto the course. The sooner you speak with her, the sooner you can get the ball rolling. VVCS can give you her number or just go out and see them. They are generally more than happy to have you drop in for a coffee and a chat.

getting on to the course soon but i needed something straight away as things are getting pretty bad.well i saw a councilor today and i feel on top of the world faced a few demons and got them out of my system and its all good. it looks like the marriage problems are on their way to being solved and i couldnt be happier.i havent felt this good since falling in love with kim.
thanks for your help and support everyone but its a long road so ill talk to you again. cheers paul.

I am a spouse I went and saw a councillor today that VVCS in Townsville referred me to felt good to get few things of my chest to someone outside of friends and family.
Felt it was very worth while will be going to see him for few more weeks.
Jen

Good stuff Paul, bloody well done mate. I know myself the feeling of actually not losing a relationship when its at its worst, so this is really great news. Walked this path myself, and I was so glad also when I finally did get that much needed help. It was worth its weight in gold... especially the PTSD course itself. Man, did that thing ever save me from another divorce. Whewww..

Jen, good stuff. Glad to hear that you are getting counselled also. How is hubby doing? Its great that you both are seeking professional help with this, as it really does make things easier during initial stages.

You will both work out, that once you have been through counselling, PTSD courses, anger management courses, lifestyle courses, etc etc, you need to learn, learn, learn everything you can, apply what you have been given through professional help, then research and apply that. This is the only way to get on top of PTSD. Knowledge is key, then applying that knowledge is the hard bit... but very achievable if you want to make a better life for yourself and your family.

Congrats to you both... well done. Say hi to VVCS and the PTSD folk for me!

thanks heaps yeah my wife and i have a long way to go,i asked her yesterday if she was back to being truly happy,she said she was close so im over the moon,
just the thing to keep you going.

Hi Anthony things are getting a bit better slowly but surely, he stills seems a bit down. There seems to be remorse as well but things are better than what they were a couple of weeks ago. Its been a while since he has smiled I need to get a really funny video :smile: any ideas?
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back