• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dying of lonliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you are right SpritSong. I think I have been mad since he pulled this on me, but I can't show any negative emotion because it just makes things worse. He is at the pre reunion thing tonight and was ok that I didn't go, but wants me to tomorrow for the dinner stuff.

There is nobody to stay in the house with my dog. My daughter would watch him at her house but she works long hours and has 2 dogs of her own, and one is 100 lb great peranese that tries to hump him all day long. He is old and bad hips and he even gets nervous when they visit and I am watching them constantly.

I am just tired...I am so so tired. I hate being this tired and I hate ruining others plans. I feel pretty useless in day to day life, but this is too much.

Well I sucked it up and went. After standing around for and hour of cocktails, barely made it thru the dinner and he had to bring me home 2 hours early. Too damn bad. He is going back to meet friends and I am fine with that. I just don't think I can make an 8 hour drive and a hotel stay.

Thanks SpringSong-before he left to meet friends, I told him that I was not going to beach with him but he was welcome to go alone. He didn't get mad and he said he would not go alone and to go ahead and cancel reservation. (so we are only out $200). I realized after tonight, there is no way I could suck it up to be in the car for 8 hours each way and away for 5 days. Reading your responses here made me realize that I DO have to stand up for myself when others ignore the obvious.

It all sounds too much for you and your dog to go along with his plans, it's probably best to not do it. I'd say go to women's outreach too. It seems like your husband saps your energy, my ex did and I stayed in bed alot too. Some of your tiredness could be stress related? Since we split I have a bit more energy now and been outdoors more, and it is good not having demands made that I'm physically unwell to do.

It's good you stood up for yourself, well done! But why won't he go alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Slushy- I really wouldn't want to go on vacation alone either so I assume its for the same reasons. The beach is full of couples, families and groups doing fun stuff together. I would be fine if he wanted to, but not surprised that he didn't. Glad it worked out. I agree that he may zap some of my energy up too.

And yes SpiritSong, I DO just have to stick to my boundaries that protect my health. Thanks for the encouragement!

That makes sense, I probably wouldn't go alone either, good for you though taking care of yourself and your dog, hopefully you feel some relief now :tup:

My physical condition has been been getting worse by the week. I had a dr appt last week to get a referral to a neurologist. My husband had me cancel at last minute because he needed a ride. That was the beginning of hopelessness for me.

I have many things wrong with me, but symptoms of MS have worsened. I am tired all the time and have numbness. I can't adequately care for my home anymore, and can't care for myself some of the time.

When can you see your neurologist again?

Your husband sabotaged your trying to take care of yourself by getting you to give up your neurologist to give him a ride. Nothing is that important! He could wait. He could ring a friend. He could catch a taxi. He could catch an Uber. Or he could catch public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back