Emailing T between sessions

TruthSeeker

MyPTSD Pro
You can set a boundry for yourself to include a limit of no more than 1 email per session, a word limit on the email (most programs have a word count app in them) keeping it short, like no more than 1/2 page, and use bullets where possible to make it easy to read. So, while my boundary is 1 page....it isn't every week, it's more like every 2 or three.....and I don't expect a reply until we meet again. Set your expectations high for yourself.....and keep the writing to a minimum, and stick by the boundary you set so you don't feel guilty. You might want to create a boundary and run it by your T......to make sure your boundary works for her too. You could also consider jotting down things that were important the last 5 minutes......owning the big points of therapy, practicing strategies for the memory issues-I will take notes in my phone if we have a schedule change or I need to remember to work on something....or need to write myself a note about something I want to remember...I stop what we are doing and put it in the phone right then. My T will spend a lot of time doing grounding work if I'm wasting a lot of time in therapy dissociating...and I don't think therapy, from my own experience, does much good if you are consistently dissociating......that means you aren't feeling safe......does she stop and work on grounding techniques or redirect the conversation to something less threatening?

Thanks @TruthSeeker . The emailing thing hasn't worked out for me. It just makes me beyond anxious and terrified. So I've stopped. It's too much to cope with.
Maybe we'll revisit it again in the future when I'm more able to manage.

Yes, she has taken time to ask about my disassociating and what I need. She spends the last few minutes making sure I'm ok to go. We're doing it online, have been since March, and she'll spend a couple more minutes just checking I'm ok before we switch off. Most she has go over the time is 2 minutes.
I do think she and I are working well together. I can see change and progress.
Glad to hear it's working for you. When I stress over decisions like the one you've been working, and actually make a decision like you have, I usually feel empowered when my stress level goes down as a result of problem solving. Way to go!