• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Entire support system out of town this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopykat

MyPTSD Pro
My brother, friend and therapist who are my core support system are all out of town this week. So it’s been interesting. I feel ok but I also feel myself closing off from them which I have a habit of doing and I hate.

I have 2 semi stressful doctor appts this week bc I’ve had undiagnosed side pain for awhile and I have to do a pulmonary function test bc my lungs showed something weird. I’ve been trying to keep busy and not think about things but I also feel myself sliding back into how I felt before when I was alone. Usually I’m fine w my therapist going out of town and what not, this time I had really bad anxiety she wasn’t coming back. I don’t know. I don’t want to self sabotage.

This could be a good time to focus on yourself, as cliche as that sounds.
But maybe you could try to see your doctors appointments in a different light, like necessary self care (it's good to care for yourself!) and reward yourself somehow for taking care of you (maybe with double self care)
I know it's really hard when people you lean on are out of the picture for a while, but you got this.

if this doesn't really make sense, I apologize. I'm not on planet earth right now

@bumbles are you a part of the new space army? Lol jk. It does make sense. I try to not sit still bc then I start thinking. I’ve been working on art projects I’ve been putting off and cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back