• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Evie (Batgirl) And Dean (Tardis) Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolette

Supporter Admin
I have been given the honour by Evie of updating you with how her and Dean are going. I asked her if I could post a thread here on the forum as I know many are fond of both her and Dean.

I think most of you know that Dean and Evie got engaged and then Evie was hit with another bout of cancer with chemotherapy not having favourable results.

The great news to report is that Evie underwent new cancer treatment (using stem cells) and had a successful treatment. She now has a 90% chance of now being completely cured of cancer and never having it again. Yeah!

Dean and Evie are getting married in December and moving to the UK or Australia next fall depending on Dean's work/study ventures.

PTSD wise they are both doing surprisingly well.

Evie is still in hospital so if you want to write any messages here I will pass them on to her and Dean.

Congratulations to both.....I hope and wish Evie the best outcome with her battles with cancer. She has fought long and hard to overcome this....

My best to both......

Thanks Nicolette, I was hoping to get some news, I often think of Evie's family.

What wonderful news :) I wish them all the best, and hope for a complete recovery for Evie !

Please also send my regards to Kathy and Jim !

Frankie

Kathy and Jim are off on a travelling adventure now that the doctor has given Evie the all clear.

Nicolette

Please tell Evie that my daughter and I have reunited and I have a beautiful grandbaby. Send my prayers and hopes to her and her love. May their world be filled with nothing but joy and happiness.

Dear Nicolette,

I "got to know" so to speak Evie just a little bit "vicariously" through her story and posts, and Jim a tiny bit, too, thru a reply he was kind enough to send me, at one point.

Needless to say, I have benefitted greatly from the honesty and wisdom of Evie, Kathy and Jim's experiences.

I was horrified at some of the details of Evie's and Dean's stories, but I also gained some hope from seeing how far they'd come.

I know we all have different 'beliefs'- I don't mean it that way- but I've said a prayer for them all the time, mostly, since I read about her cancer.
(-and I have to say I related to a lot of her story, too, even though mine is nothing in comparison). -We both "ran" a lot, lol. -Amongst other things.

So I guess you could say, even though we don't "know" each other, Evie has helped me immensely.

Anyway, I think you two are both such really great examples of (2) couples meant to be. Congratulations to all "4" of you- Evie/ Dean, you/ Anthony.
I wish you all so much joy!

:Hug_emoticon:

Please tell them I said hello! Congratulations....that is amazing news about the stem cells..she is now able to move forward with life. I am so happy for her. Also please let her know Devon started highschool and he LOVES it. He is doing wonderfully...my hard work with him looks like it is finally starting to pay off!

Thanks for the update! I think of Evie quite often with her many battles that she valiantly takes on. It's good to hear that the stem cell treatment is working. :clap:

I am so happy to hear the great news about the stem cells and the wedding. I hope she or her parents posts photos, even if they don't show faces. We miss hearing from the whole family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back