• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Favorite "you tube university" videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked for some fresh inspiration in the small spaces seed planting/nurturing/harvesting scene on this rainy day and really enjoyed this guy's delivery and approach:

A video shared with me several years ago, during my drastic emergency room prompted transition into giving up animal products, that highlights a bit about how marketing purposefully "tricks" us into feeling more confident about we're purchasing.

I never took the time to give any of that stuff a second thought, until I was too ill to continue avoiding paying closer attention. I had previously only shopped for quick, convenient, super tasty, and super cheap.

It lead to me looking deeper and deeper regarding every product I was choosing, and I had lots of time on my hands to do so, especially since I was too sick at the time to really venture out anywhere. I became more deeply disturbed around each turn.

However, as painful as the learning curves became, I remain grateful for having it placed in my path at the time I needed it most. It was one of many topics that truly helped me re-learn how to more healthily nurture my being on many different levels....

Getting ideas/helpful tips for our upcoming weekend project to make covers for a couple of our raised beds. It looks a whole lot like this in my mind, except I want to add a handle or two to the top of them, somehow...

Some things show up when you need them the most, even though it hurts like hell. Today was the day my mom passed away a year ago in a hospice setting. She'd been struggling with many varied health issues for a while and things escalated way beyond return once being admitted to the hospital.

I had tried for a long while to lovingly encourage her to change her consumption habits in hopes of alleviating at least a little bit of her pain and suffering, and even fixed healthy meals that she had taste tested and liked weekly and delivered them to her almost an hour away. But she claimed she was simply too old to change and would have others keep her amply supplied with fast food and sodas, instead.

As I was surfing the web today, I saw this video shared by a prepared food company, ironically named, "Mama Sezz", that offers whole food plant-based vegan, gluten-free, oil-free meals that are delivered to your door. I used their services back when the hubby had his open heart surgery and have used them a few more times since. Pricey, but when you factor all the ingredients and the time to prepare them, it works out for a once in a while thing.

I hadn't really looked deeper to know the full story behind the business, but today, of all days, it arrived in my path. On one hand it pains me to watch, knowing I wasn't able to convince my own mom to try these things that seem to help so many others, and that helped me beyond what I knew was possible.

On the other hand, it gave me a reason to celebrate the choices I've made for myself and to remember that I did the best I could, and to hope that I can be filled with as much love for life as this sweet lady, no matter how old I am.

So..I'm a deep believer in "The truth shall set you free". I've been trying to figure out, and research "what's wrong here?" (This planet/plane, the culture I am subject to, just on a whole lot of levels) and in my digging and probing and studying and investigating and asking for answers, truths, more of the story (because "Ask and you shall recieve" right?) and observing, closely, I have come to some very disturbing truths. Well, this movie touches on some of those and I think they are very important for people to know about, BUT, you can lead a horse to water etc, but HUMANS being the educated fools that we are, well, now home nutha kettle of whatever you want to insert there. We've had some SERIOUS numbers done on us. This movie, isn't gonna give you a warm glow, but it might just awaken you and enlighten you, because enlightenment is really about seeing WHAT IS, it's the light shining in the darkness and illuminating things so we can see what's there, what's here, what's REAL and where we've been led astray.
outoftheshadowsofficial.org

What is it I've heard before, "The truth shall set you free, but first it'll really piss you off"? Yup. I read a couple summaries about that video, and have read of others discussing it, but have only watched part of it. I happened upon many of those same eye-opening discoveries, and then some, several years ago, @mumstheword , and unfortunately still get looked at as if I have 3 heads or am presumably absolutely nuts if I try to engage in or start a discussion regarding most/any of those topics.

I spent so much energy back in the day trying to shed light on the things others preferred to leave in the shadows, or were convinced would/could never take place in their reality. I had to reclaim those energies and turn them inward towards more nurturing cell-ph care, instead. I still grieve for the willful lack of awareness regarding so many things, and most especially for those so quickly and often angrily slamming doors in other faces based on simple verbiage alone.

Just say one key word and Boom!, they automatically and swiftly discredit everything you say afterward, calling you the ever popular term, "conspiracy theorist", or other derogatory names, which especially seems to be a frequent occurrence, in my direct experiences, from various religious and industrial/corporate backgrounds, as well as the scientific/academic realm, which often, to me, feels like one of the biggest "religious"-like arenas there is at times.

Oh well, no one can change anothers ideology, nor make anyone receptive of something different than they wish to be invested in. Folks have to enter into their own realms of awareness and innerstanding in their own way and their own time, and they'll all still be quite different perceptions, as it seems that's how it's intended to be. All anyone can do is plant seeds and learn to creatively use the inevitable shit that arrives as a result as fertilizer for their own growth potential, at best.

So many things that used to be considered "conspiracies" have been proven over and over to have been very real in the past, and will continue to be. Tin hats were never my thing, as many seem to readily assume. But neither are blindfolds. May realizations happen in ways that help benefit all beings sooner rather than later. I'm always reminded of Dorothy seeing behind the curtain in Oz when these things come to/came to light. We definitely aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto. Take good care of you, mums. (((Heart hugs)))

What is it I've heard before, "The truth shall set you free, but first it'll really piss you off"? Yup. I read a couple summaries about that video, and have read of others discussing it, but have only watched part of it. I happened upon many of those same eye-opening discoveries, and then some, several years ago, @mumstheword , and unfortunately still get looked at as if I have 3 heads or am presumably absolutely nuts if I try to engage in or start a discussion regarding most/any of those topics.

I spent so much energy back in the day trying to shed light on the things others preferred to leave in the shadows, or were convinced would/could never take place in their reality. I had to reclaim those energies and turn them inward towards more nurturing cell-ph care, instead. I still grieve for the willful lack of awareness regarding so many things, and most especially for those so quickly and often angrily slamming doors in other faces based on simple verbiage alone.

Just say one key word and Boom!, they automatically and swiftly discredit everything you say afterward, calling you the ever popular term, "conspiracy theorist", or other derogatory names, which especially seems to be a frequent occurrence, in my direct experiences, from various religious and industrial/corporate backgrounds, as well as the scientific/academic realm, which often, to me, feels like one of the biggest "religious"-like arenas there is at times.

Oh well, no one can change anothers ideology, nor make anyone receptive of something different than they wish to be invested in. Folks have to enter into their own realms of awareness and innerstanding in their own way and their own time, and they'll all still be quite different perceptions, as it seems that's how it's intended to be. All anyone can do is plant seeds and learn to creatively use the inevitable shit that arrives as a result as fertilizer for their own growth potential, at best.

So many things that used to be considered "conspiracies" have been proven over and over to have been very real in the past, and will continue to be. Tin hats were never my thing, as many seem to readily assume. But neither are blindfolds. May realizations happen in ways that help benefit all beings sooner rather than later. I'm always reminded of Dorothy seeing behind the curtain in Oz when these things come to/came to light. We definitely aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto. Take good care of you, mums. (((Heart hugs)))
LOL so true! About truth pissing you off before it sets you free!
And to all the other points, so true!
Sigh, I am finding it difficult to calmly detach from sharing what I have learned, as I don't like being misled myself and dislike thinking of other's being manipulated and needlessly frightened, meanwhile, things we should be aware of, concerned about and cautious of, are being treated with the utmost naivety and foolishness.

Here is a proper link to the youtube vid. I thought I had deleted my above post, as I tried to, because I couldn't link the vid. So here it is.

Awakening is often a rude and shocking affair, before it feels empowering to see things clearly, it is often unsettling and can be downright alienating, but, I would rather know than be like a mushroom, being kept in the dark and fed on sh*t.

I hope and pray to connect with other's who feel and think the same.

The future looks amazing and bright from where I'm looking at it, but only if we all AWAKE UP and link up with the truly righteous and true and stop feeding the beastly lies and violence with our cowardice and ignorance.

OUT OF SHADOWS OFFICIAL

I've painfully learned over and over, @mumstheword , after becoming increasingly aware of SO many things that I thought I already knew enough about, or didn't even need to know about, which was a result of having a shit load of time on my hands due to severe illnesses, that most folks don't want to hear these things from me, and already have a pre-conceived notion about which sources are acceptable and wouldn't dare look at anything outside of those neat little boxes.

Most especially if my delivery of it feels or comes across as confrontational/overpowering to them and their beliefs/choices/mindset/etc. Which I feel is often how things come across when shared online vs. in real life. We automatically assign our own emotions/tones as to how we imagine them telling us something vs. how it's truly meant to be, at times. I've been called "militant" more than once when all I felt was strong compassion for others and was super passionate about what I'd learned.

I very clearly remember many times before making drastic discoveries and changes in my own life that when I was presented with opposite views of certain things that I had been heavily programmed/educated/convinced by various authority figures to believe as being factual/acceptable/etc., I, too, became defensive, put walls up, would shut down, and would quickly dismiss the messenger and the message.

I personally still get major creepy crawlies when I hear the word "pray", as it reminds me of the supposedly truly righteous beings of days gone by who would "prey" upon me and others and abuse us in many ways. Where was that so-called god dude and his believers when I needed him/them the most? All they did was accuse me of asking for what I got and didn't help. My head knows they mean well, but my heart remembers the pain.

I had to change the word god to mean something different to me so it didn't make me feel nauseous anymore. To me, it's now just an abbreviation to mean grateful observation daily. Still working on the p word. Although it isn't ever easy to innerstand how others can't see some things, or express no interest in even wanting to, it actually makes a lot of sense why it happens that way, as it seems to be exactly the way it was all designed. Language can often complicate more than it helps.

My biggest lessons, thus far, were/are mainly based in the food arena since that was the root of much of my suffering at the time (and earlier in life via uncertainty of where my next meal was coming from, using food as emotional support and security, etc.), and as a result of overnight drastic emergent lifestyle changes I made via the ER. I was finally able to regain and recover so much of my health that the professionals had told me to just get used to not having anymore, and that many of them had made much worse via their suggested methods, medications, and interventions.

I was so f'n sure everyone I knew and loved would excitedly want to know what I did and how I did it so they, too, would know how to help themselves and experience major relief, as many of them suffered very similar ills. I was even more sure they'd want to know after connecting the dots regarding how animals are treated in factory farms, as well as the humans who work in them, and such, and how those energies are absorbed by our bodies just as much as the flesh and by-products are. I'd share actual footage of the behind the scenes so they could see for themselves, since that part is hidden from plain sight and marketed as them being happy and shit, but folks dropped like flies out of my life after that.

I had/have so many so-called animal lovers in my life who would fight tooth and nail for and dearly love on a couple preferred domesticated species while happily and continually paying to have other species enslaved, abused, exploited, neglected, forcibly impregnated over and over, and eventually killed for them to be on the end of their forks/in their coffee, ice cream, cereal/on their sandwich/etc.. But they were/are okay with that as long as they didn't have to see or hear about the process, and would call me harsh names for even thinking about bringing it to their attention.

It still sickens me to the core to see/hear/read the blind hypocrisy around every corner from folks who I know have huge hearts and are otherwise very intelligent. But it is inescapable and arrives in my face everyday, some how, some way. I had to reel in my desire to frequently and passionately share what I had learned and directly experienced and change my approach to simply living what I'd learned and so greatly benefited from, instead, to preserve my own sanity. I try to only share if asked, but that's really hard to do at times.

I now choose to speak to the animals and apologize to them on behalf of the human race rather than trying to approach more humans. I still plant seeds of hard-learned knowledge every chance I get, because that's just how I'm wired. More compassionate, albeit blatantly factual delivery, minus expectations of actually achieving a connection or results of any kind feels much kinder to my nervous system, and that's all I actually have any control over.

The fragrance scene is another avenue that I often feel completely lost/defeated in when trying to share the personal severe health affects I, and many others, experience that could easily take my/their life, but most others simply view it as "good hygiene" and refer to me as being "too sensitive", "a delicate snowflake", etc..

I was self-isolating, wearing special face masks, getting looked at like I was a nut job for wearing it, and keeping my distance daily due to an invisible "monster" way before it was mandated or strongly suggested by government and medical officials. The monster I actively have to avoid isn't regulated or recognized by the alphabet agencies or medical arena and is highly profitable for several industries.

The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) recognizes it as a disability, but only if you're an employee, not if you're a patient/client/etc. trying to access services in places like medical offices and such. But still, I don't find much, if any, understanding or compassion from others as the scent of disinfectants/hand sanitizers/scented soaps/etc. fill the air more than ever now.

But anyway, sorry for rambling on, as I tend to do. I get it. I feel your pain in many ways, I think. Not sure there will ever be a moment of everyone "being on the same page" of anything all at once, being as how actively so many are working towards division. If I could choose one page, I think it would be one that has both kindness and compassion on it. Maybe one day. Meanwhile, I can only choose it for myself and hope the ripple effect is felt by those who feel my energetic presence.

Sorry if I offended with the "pray" word.
Yes, we are all at different vantage points.
I agree that kindness, which often requires putting our strongly felt and known truths, out, without feeling compelled to preach to other's, in a way that acts, rather than tells, is often the way forward.

We are all subject to different life experiences and information streams, and thus, it is difficult to connect and not alienate, when we feel strongly about something, when we choose our way over consideration for where the other is at.
I choose to sit back, become quiet and work on my self and quietly, increase my own health when walls and barriers surround me and block me from beaming out my passionate message and hard won knowledge.

You and I similar kindred spirits, in some ways, we are both nature people who walk a more non mainstream path, but different and unique in what's most prioritized too.

Compassion and gentleness are important to us both, though.

I steer clear of what mainstream "medicine" professionals dictate, for the most part and use natural, traditional modes of healing, and have healed myself in amazing ways with food, breathwork, change of lifestyle, bodywork and the like.

My fav on line "teacher/guru is a Texan called Adriene, who teaches yoga in a very loving, kind, gentle way.
"Yoga with Adriene" is one of fav youtube channels and one I utilize daily.
I am learning to let go, to surrender, to maintain connection, in some tenuous way, instead of "coming on strong" because what's real and true will come out, for all to see, in the end anyway. Not for me to try convince, just to live my own truth and integrity.

You didn't offend, @mumstheword , I was just sharing how it's made me feel ever since my experiences from childhood on up in that arena simply as an example of the whole different strokes for different folks thing. Something that brings comfort to so many for many different reasons, and is typically meant to project comfort and hope by most, can easily be the proverbial straw that breaks anothers back.

I've enjoyed our discussions/insights/experiences/peeks behind the curtains/etc. and definitely feel a kindred connection, as well. I truly value those rare connections each time I encounter such a soul. Thank you for mentioning the yoga teacher, too. I look forward to checking her out.

May we all be fortunate enough to find our most helpful, sustainable, nurturing, and readily accessible healing paths, and be able to maintain the energy we need to continue on them as needed, especially during all the inevitable detours, road blocks, one way streets, and construction zones. lol Pardon our progress, for real. (((Heart Hugs)))

I happened upon this delightful and incredibly helpful advice from days gone by. lol I thought some folks here might enjoy it, too.

I remember listening to it quite a while back and am still giggling about the impeccable timing of finding it again today. ?

If you're offended by cursing, no need to click on it. I enjoyed the advice just as much as the belly laughs it provoked....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back