• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Feeling you've never been loved

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bearlinda welcome :-)

Coming home from school and I have met so much love and care today Im crying. Cause Im not used to it, I need it so much and its like watering a flower that has gone dry for so long.

I guess its also about learning the diference from those that say by words they care but they dont and who actually care even if the not even say it aloud, but their actions speaks louder then the words they dont utter.

Take care and warm thoughts from me :)

Agreed, expecting it to go away is pointless.

And yes to the breath. Drop the story go to the body...
Oh, no. Don't think for a second that you're wrong by writing here. This is what you need to do, talk about it and realize that you're not alone. I have felt for a long time about being loved. I have even realized that that is what I need the most. I want to be loved--just for being me. Sounds kind of weird coming from the adult me, but as soon as I realized it, I knew that it was what I was looking for. The unconditional love that all children need - deserve - from their parents, or at least another adult.

Agreed, expecting it to go away is pointless.

And yes to the breath. Drop the story go to the body...
It's like we have to pay people to listen to us and help sort our hearts out now because we've grown to feel no one else gives a damn/has time to listen/would even want to know/could handle it on top of their own issues/would hurt us if we say anything/would cause too many complicated ripples/etc. and would most likely just rather not be bothered, whether or not it's actually true.

OMG Yes. I'm shelling out big bucks for therapy. I have to pay someone with good listening skills, hopefully a sound trauma background with a bit of creativity thrown in, someone who can listen to trauma and show empathy.....but not get sucked in emotionally and has good boundaries.....as I have no others friends and definitely not family who would get or positively deal with these concepts: dissociation....compartmentalization of feelings.....icky abuse stories......horror stories......my irrational fears......my anxiety level over stupid triggers......and parts in my head. Yea....this is private...and I pay for private.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back