• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

First world problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I complain about the food, frozen dumplings i boiled up, having MSG or high salt because it makes me feel sick. Also gave the bottle of gluten free soy sauce "the eye" for having sodium. I have food and forgot to be grateful. I probably ate about 12 large dumplings to myself. Uncontrolled eating ate the whole bag and i complain about high sodium.... second and third worlds would cherish the food.

1st world problem....
Today the wifi kept cutting out.

I bought two lbs of pasture raised organic ground beef to make goulash in a crockpot and could not. Crockpots do the hard work.....here, but getting the stuff in the crockpot....a roadblock. Had to toss the out of date meat in the trash. So, two weeks ago, I felt like I could put stuff in the crock pot and cook it and put it up for the winter...and where was the meat? went passed the due date again.....into the trash today......where'd the hell did my cook go?

Aluminium foil is awesome for blocking light and heat on my north-facing windows. Totally awesome. Thanks NASA.

But on louvre windows, it rattles. Constantly. Rattle, rattle, rattle. Every shitty little breeze gets through the micro-gaps between each pane of glass.

I have a migraine. SHUT. UP!

Goddamn aluminium foil.

Goddamn aluminium foil.

We made foil wrapped cardboard window inserts to block the light. Just cut a cardboard box (or boxes +duct tape) to fit the size of the window ledge. Stapled a cheap sarong stretched flat over to make it pretty / avoid our flat getting targeted by addicts and cops (pretty side out), and voila! Just nip it onto the ledge to block light, take down & flip it around to lean against the wall the rest of the time.

For the green room (for seedlings, starts, etc. where we wanted the room completely light tight) we cut the cardboard about 10cm bigger than the window... then used painters tape and thumbtacks to secure it against the wall. That one requires checking periodically for condensation. No one wants a mildew farm in their house :wtf: But painters tape removes easily without damaging the paint, so I generally checked it on major holidays or after big storms.

A bedsheet or tablecloth or similar will also work. I just always happened to have miles of sarongs, and it made for a pretty wall decoration when it wasn’t in use.

If you live in a hot/cold climate? 2 piece of cardboard sandwiching insulation vastly improves interior temps.

Cardboard for structure.
Foil to totally block out the light
Fabric stretched tight & stapled neatly for aesthetics & security.

Last edited:
The day began with?
The dryer killed the -formerly- down filled jacket liner... redistributing it’s wealth across every other article of clothing in the dryer... and three rooms.

The day ended (or at least drew to a close, still so many things to go wrong) with?
The entire left side of my body wearing sauerkraut.

Yeah.
I’m refusing to even think of the middle.
My day is awesome.

PS... I managed to catch boiling water on fire. I suppose technically it’s the oil on top of the water that’s burning. But FFS. This day. :banghead:

So we’ve got clean clothes, working appliances in electricity, food-ish. And kobolds. Or gremlins. Or karma. Or just general ineptitude. :sour:

So we’ve got clean clothes, working appliances in electricity, food-ish. And kobolds. Or gremlins. Or karma. Or just general ineptitude. :sour:

I ended doing the newest itineration of the Swamp Thing a few days go, Friday (... and lost a fricking knife, the one thing I never lose.) so... lmao.

Come, lets commiserate, life is still good. *hands you beer*

The day began with?
The dryer killed the -formerly- down filled jacket liner... redistributing it’s wealth across every other article of clothing in the dryer... and three rooms.

The day ended (or at least drew to a close, still so many things to go wrong) with?
The entire left side of my body wearing sauerkraut.

Yeah.
I’m refusing to even think of the middle.
My day is awesome.

PS... I managed to catch boiling water on fire. I suppose technically it’s the oil on top of the water that’s burning. But FFS. This day. :banghead:

Nope......not the gremlins, or karma....it's the elves that hide way up high, in your home.

I cannot work out how some people ‘link from bio’. This especially refers to the carrot tart recipe from the NYT that looks delicious and I would serve it for a summer lunch or supper- I can copy it with out a recipe but it would be nice to know what they put under the carrots - ricotta and what else?

I present to you today's first world problem

So...when I see this, I think "yeah, but this is a 'first world.'" Not trying to be snarky, but it feels sometimes like this diminishes our own concerns, frustrations, etc... because we are comparing it to folks in circumstances we couldn't remotely understand. To us, given how we have grown up and lived and how our culture is, these problems are very real.

Of course, there is always the overreaction we who struggle with PTSD have. But I'm speaking more generally.

So...I'm sorry to hear about your tire!

I have a whole slew of issues, not the least of which is that I'm going to be unemployed come Wednesday. But in the meantime, @Friday, I do have mayo. Vegan. I'm set! LOL

Reactions: Mee
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back