1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Found out some news... abuser is very ill

Discussion in 'Childhood' started by Scott88, May 8, 2018.

1. Congruency

Congruency Tumultuous Uprising Premium Member Sponsor $100+

@Scott88 , back to your topic. I'd feel two ways about finding out that my father was very ill. Delighted and empathy. So bizarre to say I'd be split about it. Yet it's true. I'd pray for him as well. My father was the psychopath without empathy toward me or others. I am not like him however I'd still be divided in my feelings about him being on his death bed.

Esterio likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Esterio

Esterio Well-Known Member Donated

I watched the meanest man I have ever known house burn down with him in it. I was asked to leave by a cop on seen. I was dancing in the street that night and feeling terribly guilty the next day and still do today over 40 years latter. Several people saw how happy I was at his death, now what do they think of me. I don't think we should feel happy or glad when anyone dies. I think the feeling of relief that they can't hurt anyone any more is a better one to carry.

Freida and Emotional girl like this.
  4. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

I think I got off lucky there - my bad guy wasn't someone I cared for. There are no mixed emotions for me to deal with, so it's easy for me to say I hope he dies a slow painful brutal death and I'll happily watch.

I couldn't imagine this being someone who also sometimes cared for me. That has got to be .......yep. no words. Other than bringing me a new level of understanding for me what you all are going through

5. Mee

Mee Well-Known Member

It's funny how timing works. I.learned my rapist had an operation recently and is ok but not enjoying recovery. I.learnrd this from a beloved friend who I trust.who still hears of rapist via social media.

How do I feel? In practise? Nothing. A bit annoyed. The rapist is talking about a year off for something where recovery is usually less than six months. Typical. They have been drowned where others have been shipwrecked. My friend was frustrated that they got lots of sympathy and I reminded my friend we did not know before either. It's ok.

I feel.... Nothing. Avoidance maybe? I just think poor them having to.exaggerate this issue for sympathy. It's all.they have.

Esterio likes this.
Show Sidebar