• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Gardening

Sunflowers and morning glories mostly, plus I did have a pumpkin last year that seeded itself in the compost and produced 5 pumpkins. I have an iris bed and some roses I keep moving around the yard.

I don’t want to do it really? I’m a little fed up with out location, the neighbors are piled up on us and I’d rather not be out in the yard anymore . They are nice enough or at least harm less, I’m just getting more and more reclusive. I like the garden and I’m very much an out door person. I just wish it was more private .

Sunflowers and morning glories mostly, plus I did have a pumpkin last year that seeded itself in the compost and produced 5 pumpkins. I have an iris bed and some roses I keep moving around the yard.

I don’t want to do it really? I’m a little fed up with out location, the neighbors are piled up on us and I’d rather not be out in the yard anymore . They are nice enough or at least harm less, I’m just getting more and more reclusive. I like the garden and I’m very much an out door person. I just wish it was more private .
I hear you. I lived around a lot of people before. Same thing. Everyone tolerated another well which was nice. What kind of pumpkin if you wanna talk about it? I'm sprouting Cinderella pumpkins now (which haven't sprouted yet) . Just learned about them this year on a riveting blog post about them.

Hi, @Defaultxlove, I found your gardening thread! I love gardening. I finally planted kale and cabbage outside and it's going down to 25 F tonight. Boo. I don't think I'll have to cover them but I might anyway. I was planning on planting onions and garlic today but I'll wait a few days. Nothing like digging frozen soil.

Hi, @Defaultxlove, I found your gardening thread! I love gardening. I finally planted kale and cabbage outside and it's going down to 25 F tonight. Boo. I don't think I'll have to cover them but I might anyway. I was planning on planting onions and garlic today but I'll wait a few days. Nothing like digging frozen soil.
yes hi! I was out of my mind and forgot there was the other gardening one but this one is more general I guess it's okay. I use both. :)

I probably would cover the kale and cabbage.
it helps me to remember that being ahead of Spring yields better.

Yesterday was too windy for me to work outside. The roof of the medium coop blew off! Anyway, today I'm planting flowers, garlic, and beets. The winter rye I planted in the fall is coming up so I have to move the fence so the chickens can eat it. They cleared a 25 x 25 foot area for me to garden in. I love not having to rototill!!

My compost sucks. It is too windy here and it dries out really quickly. I could water it every day. Especially now there will be grass cuttings to put in. Just some more work. What's everyone else doing today?

I just hung up a new grow light in the shed. Finally got some cucumbers sprouted . I must have been using dead seeds. I save seeds like crazy and should probably organize it.

I'm actually exhausted from the light but could talk about plants/gardening forever. I'm thinking what kind of indoor/hanging plant is cold hardy and beautifull and cool for hang out area? Something evergreen maybe.

Back