• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Grieving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Everyone.

I survived, sorta. Took two Ativan just to get through the funeral and about three beers for the afternoon VFW get-together. No more beer. I feel better today. I went and said goodbye and I've slept. I was hallcinating Tues. night and Wednesday I was so upset. That was interesting. So, anyways thank you.

bec

I am so relieved to hear you got through it all right. Well done. I was on a drug similar to Ativan for the first 2 weeks after Brian's death. I doubt I would have been able to function at all without it. Do continue to take care and keep us informed.

Bec, I am sorry to hear this too. My thoughts and prayers are with you. For real - I have had 3 days of being able to think and pray now.

Thanks guys.

I think I'm down to normal greiving now. Something will remind me of him and I get this flash of pain, of loss, but I can handle that. I'm sure that I will feel like that for quite awhile now.

Kathy:

I've been on small doses of Ativan since January for my PTSD. It kinda helps but not really. I find it just gets me through that moment enough to get to the next one. I can see why they give family it for greiving though. Calms the hysterical crying a bit. I'm glad you got through your rough weeks too.

bec

I'm very sorry this happened bec, my condolences. I was out of the country when you originally posted, I didn't learn of it until today. I'm glad though you were able to get through the funeral reasonably well, and that you think you're over the worst of it. It would figure this shit would happen just as you are moving. I will be thinking of you as you move, hoping it all goes well. Be good to yourself and take care.

Bec I am so sorry to learn of your loss. I have been wrapped up in my own life and failed to notice your pain. The old adage of time heals all wounds does not cover this.. My heart breaks for you. The many stages of grieving are still ahead of you but with god's help and all the friends you have here in out forum you WILL come out of this.
While you never stop feeling the loss, you do finally get to a point where the good memories and happy times take over and the pain finally fades into the background.
If any of us can help you by listening and simply being around just let us know. You know we will do what we can to help
I can't feel you pain but I can share your tears.
HERC

Sorry to hear it bec, difficult no doubt. Glad the worst is over for you. All my best.

Jim.

Thanks again everyone.

Evie:

Funny thing is, I'm glad it happened now and not after I moved. It would have been much worse for me if I had just moved and had to come all the way back for it. This way when I move, it really is a fresh start!!

bec

Actually bec that totally makes sense to me, now that you explain it. You have everything out of the way now, as you say. Plus this might sound weird but personally if I get bad news or someone says something bad to me in my personal space, I feel like that space is somehow tainted or violated and it needs to be cleansed! So in your position I think my residence would feel yucky to me, not as safe anymore, and I'd be happy to move. I know that sounds dumb maybe but it's really strong feeling for me sometimes.

Anyways glad you are handling everything as well as you are. And I am so very glad you are moving. I think you're going to be so much happier.

. Plus this might sound weird but personally if I get bad news or someone says something bad to me in my personal space, I feel like that space is somehow tainted or violated and it needs to be cleansed! So in your position I think my residence would feel yucky to me, not as safe anymore, and I'd be happy to move. I know that sounds dumb maybe but it's really strong feeling for me sometimes.

Nope, I am like that. You would not believe how many sets of furniture, beds and actual moves I have thrown out and relocated because it feels tainted due to a reminder or bad news. I'm horrible for that. Even if someone I don't know or dislike drops by my house, I will start cleaning and throwing stuff. Very bad habit. Have to learn to cleanse my memories instead of my house.

bec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back