• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Here i go again - chemical sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catnip is a natural mosquito repellent and the smell is fairly mild. Lemon balm is good too. Dried lemon balm loses most of the odor as far as I can tell, but I am not as sensitive as you are.

You can take small mason jar and stuff it full of organic catnip and then fill with olive oil or another oil of your choice and let it sit for a few weeks. Strain and you have a decent bug repellent. Don't use coconut oil though.My fist time, I used that, and that was more difficult to strain because seemed to stay solidified despite the temperature.

@DharmaGirl i don’t know why she’s dismissive of my needs, but she spent two hours with my therapist to better understand my PTSD. No one else in my family has ever uttered a word of concern for me, so the fact that she even asked me what can she do is huge. I asked her to request fragrance free on the invitations but she declined. I can not wait for this whole thing to be over. My sons was a blast. It was in Jamaica and there’s always a breeze, so no bugs. No bad smells, I didn’t want to come home!!!!

@Fadeaway is the catnip fresh or dried?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ladee thank you for your kind words. I am restricted socially. My chemical exposure happened in the 90s so I’ve been like this for a long time. I can go to the movies and concerts. I have a friend with the same interests who I cherish. She is very thoughtful and doesn’t use anything fragrances. Sometimes I walk into my therapists office and turn around and leave when the client before me leaves his smell on the couch. Last week it smelled like urine. Yuk. I’m going to get a fleece throw blanket to take and put over his couch. He really needs a new slip cover for it, but nobody else is bothered by it.HA! that would be an interesting thread “Who wants to redecorate their therapists office?”

@KwanYingirl , I think that is an excellent new thread, cause we know it takes forever to finally look at our T, so we know every single thing and where it sets!! I bet you would get a lot of replies... and we need the laughter !!

Happy to hear there are some things you can get out and do... and having a friend that honors your restrictions, that's priceless...

So let me know what your T thinks of the new throw !! Tender hugs, and I don't use fragrance either! :hug:

What about those air detoxification plug in's? I don't know if they are a scam or real but they would work in the cabin & asking the staff to remove all their perfumed stuff from your cabin prior to your arrival & taking your own linen?
This is going to be a big challenge. Best of luck!

Last edited:
First my friend told me her sister has her yard sprayed every month for mosquitos with something organic and it lasts the whole month. So I told my daughter that and today she said they did find an organic spray and also the Doctor she works with sprays his yard with wintergreen.

So I am relieved. I can not handle pesticides. Thanks everyone for your great ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back