• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hospital Mistreatment - How We Suffer At Their Incompetence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goodness, how this talk of hospital mistreatment horrifies me! I'm very sorry to anyone who has to endure this. I believe I've been very lucky in receiving great care, for the most part, though I do believe I've been subject to 'goofs' over many stays (who in that position hasn't though?).

Possibly the worst though was having a physical therapist who was verbally abusive. She put me through so much and had me believing that I was hopeless and belonged in a nursing home. I'd so much faith that I was receiving good treatment that it took me a long time to realize that this was not supposed to be happening. I've switched therapists, but I also know that my old therapist still gets paid to treat people this way. It's terrible.

I'm very sorry to hear about others' seriously horrid mistreatment. : ( I wish better stays to all who have to endure them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back