• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I’m done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’m back, and I’m converted. It’s true CBD oil isn’t a miracle cure but for me it has provided not only sleep but a certain clarity or a level of calm that I haven’t known since the ptsd kicked off 3 1/2 years ago. I’m down to taking a small dose before bed and within the hour I am sound asleep and some nights I stay that way until 7 hours of blissful sleep later. During the day, apparently because it’s now in my system or maybe because I have slept - I don’t know and it’s not something I need to question, I have clarity of thought. I am able to engage with that bubbling cauldron of emotions as I am triggered and move away to a safe spot in both my physical and thought, to wait for a level of calm to enable me to proceed with the day.

Again, it is not a miracle cure. It slows the reaction enough for me to have a chance of dealing with the feelings and emotions of the trigger and move away only. Daily life is better, but my neighbours had work done in their home. It involved unexpected noise that was unpredictable and what seemed to me incredibly loud. I was surprised the house was still standing and not reduced to a pile of rubble. I was stuck at home as the weather was so bad and every hit of the hammer to their home resulted in a full onslaught to my nervous system as I jumped at every hit. By the time they left I was exhausted, strung out, tearful and devoid of rational thought. Once it stopped and I had rested I decided to take another dose of CBD. seems you can’t overdose and if it helps, why not. It helped.

I hope this is helpful to someone, anyone! If there is any further advice you can throw in my direction I will welcome it. If nothing else I at least feel I have some control.

So, it’s 2.18am and my not a miracle CBD hasn’t worked tonight. The reason, the U.K. is on alert for a storm which is expected to be a ‘danger to life‘ and that one sentence repeated over and over during the course of the day has been enough to wake me as I sit waiting for the storm to arrive and worry. How I hate the enhanced level of fear PTSD brings.

CBD oil isn’t a miracle cure but for me it has provided not only sleep but a certain clarity or a level of calm that I haven’t known since the ptsd kicked off 3 1/2 years ago..... I have clarity of thought. I am able to engage with that bubbling cauldron of emotions as I am triggered and move away to a safe spot in both my physical and thought, to wait for a level of calm to enable me to proceed with the day.

It slows the reaction enough for me to have a chance of dealing with the feelings and emotions of the trigger and move away only. Daily life is better.....
YESSSSSS!! I'm so glad you gave it another shot with a more long term, gentle, balanced, patient ;) approach!!

I decided to take another dose of CBD. seems you can’t overdose and if it helps, why not. It helped.
Literally cannot OD. Amazing right??

If there is any further advice you can throw in my direction I will welcome it. If nothing else I at least feel I have some control.
Relish that relief. It's rare and precious. And *p*a*t*i*e*n*c*e*
How long have you been taking it consistently now? Aim for three weeks at a consistent low dose and see how you feel. I'm not sure what country you're in, but there are CBD "gems" available. They look like vitamin E tabs. For sleep, a 5mg THC/5mg CBD is amazing. For distress during the day, a 5mg CBD may work, but you'll have to find where your body and system respond to it. Take it slow and easy, and patiently xD

I'm SO happy you've found some relief. Keep at it, even if it doesn't *feel* like anything, or you don't feel different (hey PTSD). Also if you're curious how it works in our systems, google "cannabinoid receptor uptake" and look at how our body naturally makes it and how and when it stops or decreases. Fabulous medicine. <3

I have "emergency" CBD/THC mixes as well - ones I use when the anxiety is so high nothing is working. for storm alerts, emergencies, and panic attacks. Just know that it works best when you are conscious to it - if you take it in chaos and remain in a chaotic environment, you may notice a bit but not enough. If you can remove yourself from the chaos for 15-30 minutes, you'll notice it and then you can go back to whatever needs attention. The goal isn't to check out of reality, but to rebalance your brain's response to it.

MnM thsnk you. MIT was your words of encouragement that made me persisten. Today is my 19th day. I started it 0.2 morning and evening and once I started sleeping dropped the morning dose. I don’t really understand the dosage or the strength. I took what was recommended, I had to start somewhere. I need to u derstwnd more about your emergency dose. I have been taking a strength of 1000 whatever it’s measured in and I’ve ordered a 3000 believing the stronger may be better for when I’m triggered because as you say once triggered CBD does t seem to touch the edges - although I’m tots,ly exhausted after and I think the cbd then aids the sleep to catch up on the energy I have expended.

im in favour of this medication malarke. Doesn’t appear to be life destroying side affects - in fact no side effects. If it werent for the level of calm no one would,d even know.

tonight’s adventure it reading about how CBD works in your body as suggested.

I wish I’d had a rescue pack for today. It’s been horrendou. I’m in the U.K. and watched my neighbours roof get ripped off fences and trees blown over and later when the storm had lessened i found broken glass stuck in my wooden fencing like daggers where the wind had blown it. I cried and panicked most of today and it struck me how alone I am that nobody called to see if I was ok.

Survivor3. Thank you. CBD isnt a miracle cure but it feels like a bit of a miracle that sometimes my brain feels like it’s almost working normally Or as near normal as I can remember. It’s encouraging that some people are trying and experimenting with alternative medifices and hopeful that I can take something thwt doesn’t make me feel worse rather than better.

So, it’s 2.18am and my not a miracle CBD hasn’t worked tonight. The reason, the U.K. is on alert for a storm which is expected to be a ‘danger to life‘ and that one sentence repeated over and over during the course of the day has been enough to wake me as I sit waiting for the storm to arrive and worry. How I hate the enhanced level of fear PTSD brings.
If it helps, at all… I sometimes use other countries cue-words, instead of my own, as it changes the mental/emotional context, so I can see/feel things objectively.

Immediate threat to life (UK) is one of my faves to replace blah-blah-blah (US, not even gonna think about it at the moment). Clear & Present Danger, amongst others.

US Storm cue words = Watch, Warning, & Advisory.

This is something I frequently struggle with, and I know other members here do as well. Living with a chronic illness is hard. Living with a chronic illness that resulted from something bad happening to you can be even more difficult.
Thank you. Feels good to relate.
My counsellor says I cannot overdose so is in favour of my trying to take control
Thank you, this resonates with me.
but a certain clarity or a level of calm
Yes. I am dealing with a high level of stress right now and I doubled my gummy (Sativa) dose today and it helped with feeling calm when talking about important things with important people. Clarity and calm. And I depended on the THC to help contain my PTSD symptoms. I took control.
YESSSSSS!! I'm so glad you gave it another shot
I try to go off it sometimes and I always feel grateful for the calm that comes from giving it another another try.
blah-blah-blah (US, not even gonna think about it at the moment).
ROFL 🤣 🎯

Friday - I admire how you are able to swap the words mentally thereby lessening their input. As much as this made me laugh I will try! I remember my Dad saying the News was filled with doom and gloom as happy news doesn’t sell newspapers. It seems to my PTSD brain that he was right. Fearmongering and negative seems to sell. Perhaps there should be a PTSD/anxiety/stress compliant way of delivering information without causing distress…….there’s a thought. I can imagine sufferers taking heed and the non sufferers completely ignoring the less impactful words!

OliveJewel - I’m honoured to be included in your snap chats. Finding like minded survivors also brings a level of normality which I’m not certain m3dical professionals would understand. I’ve a,ways turned to a,ternate E therapies whenever possible and CBD makes me feel as though I’ve returned to those roots.

finding the shards of glass embedded in my wooden fence and writing about them here earlier has created a different nightmare and again I am awake. Why does it always seem to be around 2am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back