• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It gets tiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylove498

Confident
I've gotten fairly use to feeling numb emotionally and physically but I can't help but get annoyed that I never feel present.

I know where I'm at and who I'm with at all times but mentally it's like I'm not suppose to be here or like I'm dreaming.what drives me insane the most is seeing and knowing where I'm at and feeling like I should actually be where my memories are.

And what I mean by where my memories are is I feel I should be that teenage girl again living at Mom's and having the friends I use to have it's almost like I stuck in some alternate universe where nothing makes sense but I'm still living.

Anyone else deal with this?

It sucks I have some good days but over all it gets old.

Hopefully it'll get better Ive improved so much but it's hard when you want to be 100 percent better and mentally just can't

Thank you I do think I push to hard I've what's tried to be perfect in a sense and this happening has brought out so many insecurities.

I use to be confident and happy all the time and not I'm very emotionless and insecure which I don't get why.

That is a normal response to trauma. It will get better over time. It is not your fault, or some weakness. You are still you and you will be able to overcome this with treatment over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back