• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Life sucks right now, work related trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealog13

New Here
I have been battling depression and anxiety for a long time, I lost one of my best friends 2 days before Christmas in 2008, I spent 15 years working in adult corrections, max and medium prisons, I witnessed a lot of traumatic things and it has effected me pretty bad, I’ve been on medications but I felt like I was doing pretty well a few months ago and it turns out I was not, I buried my in a bottle of booze and didn’t turn out well, my wife is now thinking about a divorce but has been keeping me in limbo for a month now, she won’t talk to me unless I initiate it, it hurts pretty bad and I can’t help but feel like she’s giving up on me and punishing me for my mental health issues. I really don’t know what to do now, had surgery today and she never even reached out to me to see how I was doing, it’s hurtful.

Sorry to hear that. Have you been in therapy? PTSD is well known for it's ups and downs. Maybe you can focus on you getting better, then tackle the wife problem. I hope your surgery went well and you are healing.

welcome to the forum. are you still drinking heavily atm?
No, I’ve been sober for a month now. I wasn’t a regular drinker, unfortunately that night it was too much.

Sorry to hear that. Have you been in therapy? PTSD is well known for it's ups and downs. Maybe you can focus on you getting better, then tackle the wife problem. I hope your surgery went well and you are healing.
I started my EAP through work but missed last week because I was struggling too bad, I am waiting to hear back from the behavioral health clinic to begin therapy there. Surgery went well and I am home resting.

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through. I hope you will find support here.
Thank you

Hi @therealog13 welcome to the site. Sorry for your troubles. Hope the surgery went well. Well done for reaching out. It takes courage and guts to do that. I'm an alcoholic but I haven't drunk for 10months. If you ever need to talk then just tag my name. @Survivor3. 🙂
Awesome thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back