• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Looking to connect with others with many traumatic events, new to online forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momma kimmy

New Here
I am looking for a safe place to connect with others who suffer from PTSD due to many traumatic events. I am 62 and have never used an online forum. I hope to learn how to navigate through this and find others looking to give and receive support. I am desperate to hear there is a path to better mental health! Thank you for any assistance toward that goal. Kim

Hi Kim. I’m 24, I was diagnosed with PTSD last year. The year before that I had memories of a childhood traumatic event start to resurface in my mind. It’s like id always known, but at the same time there were huge periods of time in my life where I was completely unaware of this horrifying & impactful moment in my life. My ptsd symptoms began to show themselves in full force after I unlocked those memories. Good luck on your healing journey!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community! 😁

For help using the forum do please feel free (speaking as staff) to hit staff up at Contact Us if the Help pages or New Member Guide doesn’t answer them for you.

Back to speaking as a member… As far as multiple traumas go? That’s most of the base of our long term membership, including myself.

My own spectrum starts with combat (as an adult) and ends -to date- with domestic violence, with a carnival ride of other things in between… meanwhile others are more concentrated in childhood trauma only, or bridge between childhood and adulthood with a similar carnival ride of interpersonal-career-accident-natural distaster that I have, but with a far greater age range, meanwhile others will… yep, you guessed it…. Lots and lots of experience in virtually all kinds of cap T-Trauma. Same type, different types, one off, and long term. That’s just what we DO here. PTSD, Trauma, & it’s consequences. All kinds.

Welcome Kim, I’ve only recently found this site too but it has been a great resource on the internet. Take care 😊

I am looking for a safe place to connect with others who suffer from PTSD due to many traumatic events. I am 62 and have never used an online forum. I hope to learn how to navigate through this and find others looking to give and receive support. I am desperate to hear there is a path to better mental health! Thank you for any assistance toward that goal. Kim
Oh my goodness I can't believe there's even a site like this that's free . Right now I'm feeling grateful do to I am one of those your looking for and I've felt so alone and different from others all my life .
I have been in the psychiatric ward too many times to count mostly due to tempted suicides and uncontrollable anxiety I am not sure where to start with traumas but it started with abandonment from both parents foster care with sexual and mental abuse etc etc horrible relationship after bad relationship abuse lots of abuse , I have four children that I feel like I have messed every single one of them somehow or another due to my mental illnesses I have tremendous feelings of guilt on a daily basis about everything worry that never stops so if this is the kind of person you're talking about that's me sorry to meet you under these circumstances but it's still nice to meet you
Hello mommy Kimmy ,. This is my first time on this , at the moment I'm feeling blessed to have even found this site , I'm 54 next month and my entire existence hasn't been a pleasant one to say the least with trama starting out the day I was born , there's been abandonment from both parents foster home abuse mental and sexual domestic violent relationship after relationship I have been in too many psychiatric wards to even count anymore I have felt so alone and unlike other people so this site is truly a blessing if you ask me I hope anyway so if you're looking for somebody that can relate I think I can be one of those people and gosh do I ever need help so I wish so much luck to you and myself as well and all the others out there that are suffers thank you everybody

Welcome Kimmy, it's currently 6:20am here in England, i don't sleep well. I found this place Friday, the first place ever where people are like me, after 50yrs of a life full of trauma I'm not alone anymore and nor are you. If like me, you are going to feel like this is the first gasp of air after nearly drowning. Each reply I have had makes me cry a little, some share their experience with me, others have directed me to types of treatment. But those tears also come from feeling of gratefulness for there comments. People care here Kimmy and help you find your strength because at 62 you have built up a lot of strength to help you cope all those years. Now you have a community of people all with the same guiding star. We care ✊🙂🙂🙂

Hi and welcome! I understand what you are going through. Joined last week and am glad I did. I am 62 also and never used online forum. Glad you are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back