• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Madness, Insanity & The World Wide Web

Did I tell you how over being in lockdown I am? I think we're around 220 days in hard lockdown here in Melbourne since Covid started. I'm really over it. Only supermarkets and doctors are open, takeaway coffee, everything else is shut. Online ordering things is just insane - more and more things I order are wrong on delivery from what I ordered, and they're taking weeks, some more than a month, just to get from a shop that I could walk to and get the item. This is insanity.

My stress was so high two weeks ago, by the looks of it, my body created its own blood pressure issue where I was at the point of passing out for days between laying and sitting up. Like who knew? PTSD can literally cause you to not regulate your otherwise very normal blood pressure due to feeling significantly stressed. I knew anxiety and stress can cause a lot of issues for health, but crap, even the ability for your body to regulate blood pressure that is normally amazing (no weight or other health issue present). I am literally a beacon of health in my annual health tests. Zero physical health issues normally. Learn something new all the time.

Its just not healthy being locked up like this with limited scope to venture outdoors.
It's fking madness. What next? Waterboarding?
Have you got a punching bag?

May I politely suggest you punch it and say every filthy word, phrase and suggestion you can conjure up. Even if it's at nobody you can name. Even 'shit, bum, bollocks, cnt". Make it so bad that you either laugh or just feel better. If you dont have a punching bag, do it in the car on a drive to nowhere with the windows shut. My husband and I do it together and its hilarious. We escalate to yelling stuff at every idiot we have anywhere in our lives.

Melbourne has officially sprinted passed China and Italy's attempts - most days in lockdown since the pandemic started.

It's gotta end soon. People are legit losing their mind. Feeling for you @anthony . Folks are really doing it tough.

You know PTSD sucks when you think you're kicking arse and taking names with symptom management, then you read the latest 3rd edition of the handbook and within the first two chapters you start bowing your head with an "oh f*ck, I still do that" face. 🤦‍♂️ < massive face palm inserted!

Reading regular irritability (argh), does not feel positive about positive events or happenings to self or others (f*ck it), aggressive driving (god damn it).

How easy it is to fall back into things when you stop thinking about symptoms of the very thing f*cking you over constantly and trying to dominate ones life.

Good on ya PTSD. You suck!

Yep yep. The 2nd edition made a few dents in my wall. (Enthusiastic reading, is the story we’re sticking to.)

It’ll be fun to see what’s changed, changing, up&coming. I’m also going to stick with the word “fun” for the enthusiastic moments.

I've found that book to be the bible for PTSD. All science, all fact, all referenced. The literal gold standard for fact. And still to this day, the fact cites that CBT based therapies are the most beneficial treatment for PTSD. So good to know we're still promoting the right things here.

Did you finish reading it? I bought mine a little bit after you received yours, I’m only a quarter of an inch into still.

It’s easy to go down a rabbit hole with all the sited references. By the time I finish, a new one will be published. 😂

Pretty much, yes. I use it as a reference more than anything, but read over it to start with for anything that jumps out at me. The references are just the best. I used to do similar as you are now, go find interesting cited studies and such then read them. It became a time consuming profession.... something I have stepped back from nowadays, so I just breeze through it looking for changes. I often find the future component the most interesting, as it gives insight to what is currently being looked at.

When I read that book and see that CBT is still the best treatment for PTSD, I know nothing that much has really changed, even though they say a lot has changed, its all little refinement stuff, worse, medication, nothing leaps and bounds in really treating the core issue with a therapist or amazing technique.

Are you learning lots from it though?

Back