Memories in third-person view

Innordinate

MyPTSD Pro
Almost like watching a movie in which the person happens to look like me
happens to look like you as in you dont really connect that its you?
also tend not to have emotions with the memories
Do you normally recognize emotions and/or are you an emotional person?

This is kind of interesting to think about.
I normally don't really acknowledge or recognize emotions most of the time until they get to overwhelming size.

Looking at just random non-traumatic memories- i dont think the majority have emotions attached but I don't feel disconnected from them either, not like how it feels to dissociate and depersonalize in present time- if that makes sense?

I don't feel super connected to them either but I know that "me" is actually me and not just someone who looks like me.

Does this bug you or are you just curious about it?
I don't wanna .... hmmm.... push on this topic if it bugs you.

I've had some memories of trauma that were first person views from the abusers perspective- those ones were really disturbing.

Wilma

Learning
happens to look like you as in you dont really connect that its you?

Do you normally recognize emotions and/or are you an emotional person?

This is kind of interesting to think about.
I normally don't really acknowledge or recognize emotions most of the time until they get to overwhelming size.

Looking at just random non-traumatic memories- i dont think the majority have emotions attached but I don't feel disconnected from them either, not like how it feels to dissociate and depersonalize in present time- if that makes sense?

I don't feel super connected to them either but I know that "me" is actually me and not just someone who looks like me.

Does this bug you or are you just curious about it?
I don't wanna .... hmmm.... push on this topic if it bugs you.

I've had some memories of trauma that were first person views from the abusers perspective- those ones were really disturbing.

Exactly, like not connected to me.

I do recognize emotions but sometimes they have to get to a really intense. I used to be a lot worse at that. Also, a lot of times I can verbalize the emotion but won't actually show it on the outside. The whole not showing thing has been like that as far as I can remember, though.

I am trying to figure out what's going on with me (it's complicated) and this memory thing could be part of it or maybe not.