• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mother can’t talk or move suddenly after a major heart attack. Can you help me worry less? Or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you updated. Hope your birdie gets better soon... the adjustments for you and your mom, yeah can be hard. So glad you're checking in and glad you had no damage from Dorian.

My mom keeps getting better and then suddenly worse to the point of not being able to do daily activities like get food. I work nights and my mom needs to take her pills at 8am or so, so checking on her seems to be wearing me out. I’m behind in homework and doing my best anyway. I think it’s working out, though it sure is stressful.

I’d like to stop working nights now. I never actually agreed to do nights, honestly. It’s not great on my brain. But i wasn’t even hired in the position I applied for, so. Hopefully it works out soon!! Either with getting a better job or a better position where I am now. The work I have now has such nice people in it and lets me socialize often, so I do like it. It certainly beats the stress of looking for a job and not having any income! I do not miss that.

I ramble when I’m tired. I think I’ll go to bed.

Prayers and haing thoughts.
Checking in on your mom and the emotional stress of caring takes a toll. I know as mom has dementia and had a TIA in August.

I know school means alot to you as i remember how happy you were getting in. Even the strongest soldiers need rest. Looks like you have good awareness too which really helps.
Back to basics selfcare. Eat sleep hydrate.

As for your moms speech maybe give a notepad so she can draw or write. There are other ways to communicate when speech is affected. Bless you and family.

PS: i ramble too when tired. Its a quirky insight into my thoughts i think. I wake up and afterwards....WTF who wrote this??? Me??? Yup its me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back