1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "baby" sister is dying...

Discussion in 'Death' started by Lionheart777, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Junebug

Junebug I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

Yes don't be alarmed if she comes out with things not lucid, it likely will come and go. I find with oxygen things will be half- correct, with meds out of character or non-sensical.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

littleoc, tin-man, Abstract and 4 others like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Lionheart777

Lionheart777 Healing Warrior Premium Member

Sister is home from the hospital and is still under hospice care, however,...….this afternoon and evening, and now night, she has been lucid and very much alive.

I am blessed by each moment with her. I know time may be short, however baby sister has exceeded doctors expectations and I am most grateful!!! I am doing my best to stay in the moment and take each day one at a time.

I'm most grateful to everyone who has been showing me compassion and support. I count each prayer and every kind word as a great spiritual blessing.

Freida, littleoc, Juso and 11 others like this.
  4. Still Standing

Still Standing I'm a VIP

Special moments, in times like these, will bring comfort to your heart in days to come. I am glad your sis is able to have some clear moments with you and your niece. It is so nice that she is able to spend her last days at home and not in a sterile, unfamiliar setting. The love for your sis comes through loud and clear, here. It is a precious thing to read.

freebird, Freida, littleoc and 6 others like this.
  5. Abstract

Abstract I'm a VIP Premium Member

Wishing you both strength and peace, Lion. It sounds like you both have wonderful support and care.

freebird, Freida, littleoc and 4 others like this.
  6. AngelkeeperJ

AngelkeeperJ ❣️ Blessed❣️ Premium Member Generous $250+

(((You))) are giving your (((Sis))) the BEST gift of all! Your love and care'❣️❣️❣️

((( :hug::hug::inlove::hug::hug::inlove::hug::hug: )))

freebird, Freida, tin-man and 2 others like this.
  7. Lionheart777

Lionheart777 Healing Warrior Premium Member

Doctors think they can predict a persons life expectancy, but they are sadly mistaken as my sister has proven. Hospice keeps telling us that sister is on her last downward spiral and then she pops up and wants ice cream.... we are blessed to have this extra time with her!!!

It is draining to think she is about to pass and then find out we are wrong, but we count it as a blessing.

Sis went into the hospital a month ago and we were told it was a matter of days, which has turned into a matter of weeks. The other day she was gasping for air and we thought it was the beginning of the end for her, but again, we were wrong!

Sis had to go to a nursing home because she required more medical attention than we could give her at home and we are quite frankly exhausted and no longer so sure of when she will pass....Still I am grateful for all of the support and prayers.. This has been a long goodbye, one I am blessed to be making.

8. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

it's such a double edged sword - to prepare for the worst and then get a reprieve. But I'm glad you have extra time with her. You are are an amazing sibling and I'm sure she feels blessed to have you with her.