• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nausea Feeling In Throat...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that too sometimes..
Sometimes I find if I force myself to puke, I feel better.

I think it's jumping to conclusions to say they don't need to see a doctor becasue it really could be a underlining medical issue. We simply don't know.

I know this is a super old thread but I must say I 100% agree. It is very irresponsible to say that this is 100% anxiety and not a medical issue. As it very well could be and just because I wasnt for the member stated that doesnt mean it wont be for the OP.

I feel like I threw up in my throat all of the time and it IS a medical issue called acid reflux. And acid reflux can get to a point where it is danagerous to continue as well, if thats what it is for this person.

So it is very irresponsible to say this is 100% not a medical issue as MANY medical issues can cause this!

I'm feeling the same way. FML I am very stressed and sad this whole week but I feel like this is just making it worst. grrh. I need to sleep, life is horrible

I'm having the same problem right now.
I feel the same! Thank god im not alone. I have the feeling of my throat being "full" like im going to puke and i absolutely hate it. It happens often but goes away as well. It sucks because ill be hungry and ill have this feeling in my throat so it makes it hard to eat. But i pray that itll go away and I do get stressed alot and get anxiety attacks sometimes but not often

I'm feeling the same way. FML I am very stressed and sad this whole week but I feel like this is just making it w...
Im trying to stay positive but honestly i feel the same. Ugg it sucks so MUCH and i just wanna sleep it away. It makes me so sad and mad it just doesn't go away

I get this same exact feeling whenever I begin to become anxious. I've done an extensive amount of research on home remedies and how to stop the nauseous feeling when it happens. What I have found through trial and error, and hopefully this will help someone else as well, is taking either OTC acid reflux meds (Pepcid AC works best for me) or motion sickness pills (non drowsy). Both work immediately and have proven on multiple occasions to completely diminish the nauseous feeling which in turn helps calm my anxiety down. Hopefully this helps someone else!!

I get this feeling quite a lot. I have emetephobia also so it is a very scary feeling. My brain automatically makes...
this happens to me alot and i too have emetophobia

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be Plum Pit Qi in Traditional Chinese Medicine. An acupuncturist could help. I have this too and phobia around vomiting. It is emotionally based.

I realize this post is years old by now, but I found it interesting and helpful. I struggle with massive anxiety. This 'throat thing' just started a little over a month ago for me. I don't feel sick to my stomach at all, it's just in my throat. It's scary because, even though it's only made me gag/dry heave 3 times (and only threw up clear liquid once), I still feel it most mornings especially, and freaks me out to get up and do stuff, but mostly to leave the house, because I'm afraid of what could happen (mostly public humiliation from gagging or throwing up).

The throat feeling is really hard to explain. It does make me feel a lot better and makes me really happy when I burp, though ;-)

I have this weird nauseous feeling in my throat, but not my stomach. It makes me feel like I want...
I have found our bodies communicate with us related to emotional & psychological pain. If you have ruled out that the pain is not medically based (which should also be determined), it could be where your body is holding emotional energy. My throat has been "blocked" before, creating a tight, achey pain. Cranial Sacral Therapy has helped loosen this blocked section of my body. Usually throat tightness / pain may indicate there is something needing to be spoken or put into words. When something is too painful to articulate or you don't have the words to express it, alternative healing approaches can be very helpful.

I had really good intentions to give myself a break today but my mental illnesses say different. Guess my depression is kicking in as I have been getting nauseated to the point of vomiting over the last couple months. I though maybe a change in my antidepressant was the cause but it seems linked to my mental state.

Today I looked at myself in the mirror and saw this old, wrinkled, fat yellow toothed man looking back. So sad, so depressed...what happened.? So now...a couple hours later I have a migraine and on and off again nausea.

I'm happy that I can see a possible connection between mental health and physical illness but nothing seems to help. I have meditated a couple time with headspace, the mindfulness app and pacifica, eaten, smoked cbd.

Maybe I just need a good distraction. Football doesn't seem to be cutting it today.

I would have made my own thread but I don't like the added attention. Don't know why I am even posting really. Makes me uneasy for some reason. Hope it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back